Motion Pro cables

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LikesToThump
I have tusk mid bends and I had to reroute every cable and it barely works... like I seriously need a longer brake line, though I never hear many talk of this. (cut bars down a bit too)
Hey LTT, how different are the mid bends from stock? And yeah, I agree, a longer brake line would be nice. Even after moving the line up in the clamp, it's still tight.

I misremembered a thread and purchased the Tusk KX high bend bars only to find out they were near to stock bend. The main difference I found was the top bend was positioned taller than stock but then kept the stock height the whole length. I also found out an inch might be a bit much to cut off each side, but it mostly works. At least Tusk is cheap enough to make mistakes on, and I still had enough left over to throw on a tusk riser kit.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 AM
1st Gear Member

I wanted to buy the Tusk kx high bends as well but settled on the mids for fear of having to buy new cables. Since my sf is mostly street ridden I figured any spills would require new bars for the most part so I find the tusk's a great option in that regard. I gained almost no height but added a little width of course.

It served the purpose of getting the bike road ready again after my accident, but if I had the money and had to do it again I would like different bends with 1 inch risers and new cables to boot.

I'll take a few pics later when I get time... sometimes I wonder if I'm slow in the head or something considering so many people get away with higher bends and yet I could barely make the mids work with constant rerouting and trimming.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GaryC
re route your stock cables for the carb. I have tall ATV bend bars installed and have plenty of cable along with the 300 clutch cable.
You say you don't have time to read the threads,,,,, 4 year old and all..
learn from your mistake and read twice before you bash other folks advice.
welcome to the forum.
there was no
Bashing, except from you G. I said, "my bad", and
moved on. Throttle cables are way too short, which Kawasaki said could happen within tolerance, something
another member said.