Motion Pro cables

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Motion Pro cables

Anyone order longer cables from these guys specifically for their TM36-68 CARB? I need a couple inches longer, and wonder what language you used with these guys. Reason I mention is, I sent an email about a custom cable. I then called them on the phone, and when I told him it was for a different carb, he kind of freaked a bit....sort of a cocaine paranoid thing. Very disturbing. Anyway, I just need a couple more inches, and I'd love to just say that in "housing and freeplay", but they kind of scare me a bit. I don't want to give the guy a heart attack over the phone. So, any little bit of MP speak would be appreciated.
Also, the person who said the KLX 300 cable would work...it don't!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lilyboy
The klx300 cable for the clutch does work I have recently installed it. Not sure about the throttle cables mentioned. My stock pull cable fit the tm36-68 carb after rerouting it under the handlebar with length to spare.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I put different bars on some time ago, so I'm sure that's the reason for the shortcoming. I may just solder up a cable I have sitting around, but due to basement water damage and kitchen work, that may not happen until I have a work area again...say March.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Part number 54011-0009 is for a KLX300R clutch cable 2" longer than stock 2009-10 KLX250S & SF cable.

100% guarantee the cable is longer, I had both side by side before fitting onto my wider Zeta bars!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that's my bad. It was the throttle cable, pull only. Probably misread the thread. I don't have much time to look through stuff. Take care of my 4 year old full time. Thanks though.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

To JoelThialand : Our bikes are close to being identical. The Webcam 101's are really nice. These are the cam's that Kawasaki should have built. Did you have any valve/piston clearance problems. I don't know what your ignition timing is but my bike never really came alive until I replaced my ign with a PaRay ign. I'm now running 37 degrees btdc. More later.

Last edited by duncanblake; 01-29-2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Trying to improve my self-esteem. really.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by duncanblake
To JoelThialand : Our bikes are close to being identical. The Webcam 101's are really nice. These are the cam's that Kawasaki should have built Did you have any valve/piston clearance problems. I don't know what your ignition timing is but my bike never real came alive until I replaced my ign with a PaRay ig. I'm noy running 37 degrees btdc. More later.
Hi Duncan, is your bike carb or efi?

No never had any valve/piston clearance problems. I've been mucking around with using the APi ecu (which has better timing) & created a new MAP with the PCV to go with the APi & my bike is running pretty damn quick. It will hit the redline in 1-6 gears easily with SF 14/39 gearing...that's touching 160km/h when I dare do that sort of speed.

Personally I don't think the stock ecu with the clutch by-pass trick is as good in the upper rpm's. (timing wise).

If your bike is EFi then your PaRay ig sounds interesting. Tell me more!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi JoelThailand: My bike has a stock kehin 34mm cv carb. My biggest gains came from the Webcam 101's, PaRay ign, removing the backfire screen (BIG DIFF!), FMF Powerbomb & Q4, removing the snorkel and 1 of the 2 filters in the Uni Filter. What is a "Boss" snorkel ? I'm convinced that the airbox, snorkel and filter are the largest restriction to making HP on this bike. I'm running 15/39. No KNOWN valve to piston clearance probs. I'll measure the clearance w/clay the next time it's apart. Thanks. More later.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I put different bars on some time ago, so I'm sure that's the reason for the shortcoming. I may just solder up a cable I have sitting around, but due to basement water damage and kitchen work, that may not happen until I have a work area again...say March.
re route your stock cables for the carb. I have tall ATV bend bars installed and have plenty of cable along with the 300 clutch cable.
You say you don't have time to read the threads,,,,, 4 year old and all..
learn from your mistake and read twice before you bash other folks advice.
welcome to the forum.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

I have tusk mid bends and I had to reroute every cable and it barely works... like I seriously need a longer brake line, though I never hear many talk of this. (cut bars down a bit too)

Quick Reply: Motion Pro cables