Motard Change

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Motard Change

Took me a while but i finally got around to taking a photo of the new rims. just after a clean too.

Before:

After:

i did try to get most of the dirt off deej.

Cheers,
Scott.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Motard Change

what's that white thing attached to your subframe?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Looking good. It should be a Monster can on a Kawi not a Red Bull though.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Scoticus, I really like the Motard look, and I would guess that it handles great on the street with the new wheel and tires. I'm curious, where did you get the wheel, and what was the price? I was considering buying sporting street tires for my 09 KLX, but retaining the 21" front wheel. Then, I just looked at the picture of yours! Damn, it looks good. So, where, and how much man?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

wow i think black fork guards and number plates would finish it off real nice.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks real slick.. Nice job.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PeteNFla

Scoticus, I really like the Motard look, and I would guess that it handles great on the street with the new wheel and tires. I'm curious, where did you get the wheel, and what was the price? I was considering buying sporting street tires for my 09 KLX, but retaining the 21" front wheel. Then, I just looked at the picture of yours! Damn, it looks good. So, where, and how much man?
its amazing the difference that these wheels have on the street, i can lean all the way over now without fear. the wheels are d-tracker rims that i bought off ebay. they were listed in one of the posts on here by Giles and were sold before i could bid but they got relisted and i snapped them up before even thinking about it. when i bought them they cost $930 (AUS) including shipping and that included the wheels, tyres and discs, all i had to buy was the sprocket and i replaced the rear tyre.
i had been checking ebay for some klx rims for the last six months and sometimes you just have to be lucky.

the white thing is a chain guard of some sort - standard part on all of the ones i have seen here in Aus, looks kind or cr@p but quite functional in the forest.

oh and i have already been looking into the black fork guards etc, to finish it off.
Thanks guys.
Scott.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:09 AM
1st Gear Member

This is ebay Australia folks, I don't know if he would ship to the states but they are cheap enough, I'm tempted to buy them and onsell my current rims, these are so beautiful.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Geinhart-Supe...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice work, Scoticus!

Hey Mav, that rear rim in the Aus Ebay set seems awefully wide. D-trackers come stock with a 4.00 inch rear rim, which allows up to a 140 tire (I currently have a Pilot Active 140). A 4.25 rim ordered through AFAM will allow up to a 150. I'm wondering what in the world somebody would need a 5.00 rim for. Seems like the 150 bearly fits in the swingarm as is.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Good point Dean, I wasn't too sure about that, but I couldn't remember the width of mine [8D]

Quick Reply: Motard Change