More of my bike..... called again.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: More of my bike..... called again.

sorry about the bad luck with your bike, hope it all gets work out [8D]

Old 06-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

[sm=kissykissy.gif]
Sorry about that Eric, However not to make excuses for the shop, but from what I am hearing from dealers and mechanics, along with parts guys is that while this bike and the motor looks like its the same as its predecessor, it isn't. So if the parts guy or the mechanic has a book out looking at stuff, chances are its because its not quite the same old motor. I heard after I bought my bike that the motor is a new design. Some old parts some new and certainly a mixture of both. Sorry to hear about it man, I can't imagine not having my bike. I have had two times when I took mine to the shop and I had it back in less than a week, so maybe that's not the norm. Also I suppose having my wife's bike to ride isn't fair, but that's just the way the ball bounces. I still think Kawasaki should step up and install a whole new motor in your bike and send you and the wife back to tour the manufacture plant for free. I mean in the grand scheme of things that's like you and I finding a quarter underneath the couch cushions. But its unlikely that they will. Sorry man, I feel your pain. If I owned the Kawasaki bike company I would certainly make it some guys job to read every post in this and other sites to keep a pulse on what's happening out there with customers. Oh wait I already do that..........Hey Kawi cough up some money, I'm working my butt off here.[8D]

Was this post edited because it had nothing to do with me? But you forget I get everything on the Blackberry, so why was I being quoted in this squabble fest? Huh? Huh?

Old 06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn Eric, I can't believe you don't have your bike back yet......these guys sound like clowns.....not ordering shims when they ordered the valves and such. I hope they put it together correctly for you this time.

My warranty just expired, so my bike will never see a dealer's shop. Thank god I beat the crap out of mine in high revs & softsugarfor the last yearw/5k plus miles. I luv my service manual.

BTW I've got a business trip to pittsburg last week of this month.... I know you don't normally drink but you deserve a local brewed Stout, I'll buy.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

lol.... yea..... let me know when ya come up maybe we can hook up.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Ya know when you go to the dealer to check on your bike and you see the service manual open beside your bike on the lift...... something doesnt seem right with that......
I applaud them for actually opening the book too.I do it as well at work...It doesn't matter how many times i've had a 6.0 or a 7.3 powerstroke apart We always we for the book to check info!Especially when a motor like a big Cat or cummins costs 20G. Now the little 250 doesn't cost that much but it's almost 2/3's of the bikes tag so it is important.I do have a 5 year warranty which my dealer thru at me for 200$ so I hopped on it...mainly for chassis related items but the motor is my doll here...NO ONE will ever see the inside of a motor attached to anything i own.I know most are not fortunate enough to have the capability to tear into these things but like i said in a subtle way....A factory service manual can make you good enough to do the work if you have the TIME and the PATIENCE!!!!!With those 2 things you can accomplish anything.also...the last I checked the Suzuki forumn was waaaaayyyy over there near the crapper.right where most of thistopic needs to be deposited.with the exception of a few useful posts here the rest needs a big BS filter put on it so we could maybe comfort this mans withdraw symptoms......

Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
1st Gear Member

It is an absolute shame to see this board go downhill over attacks and snipes. Some of this stuff is obviously direct attacks. Can't a moderator do something? It seems several people need to be warned, and then banned. One last thing, if you think a post is a troll, then DON"T RESPOND.

For my 2 cents on the original subject, I suspect the shop created most of the damage as well. The coincidence of a broken tensioner and a bent valve with this type of valvetrain is astounding to say the least. Valves don't just bend, in almost every case they hit the piston. I bet they put the chain on wrong, cranked it over (with the starter, and likely with the tensioner loose) and wiped out the valve and the tensioner all in one case of stupidity.

I also agree that there is no excuse for the shop not to have valve shims. I had a long conversation with one of my local shops a few years ago when they ripped apart a friends bike and tried to hold it ransom for weeks because they didn't have any shims. We bought then two shim kits and they adjusted the valves for free.

A 7.48 mm and a 9.48 mm kits will cover an amazing number of machines. Both kits with a great assortment of shims should be under $200. Not exactly a big outlay for the money it can make a shop in labor. Let alone the reduced hassle of individual shim orders.

The 7.48 mm kit covers :

Hon
CRF 250R/X, NX 250, CB1 400, CBR 600 F2/F3/F4, CBR 600RR, RC-30, RC-45, 750 Magna 94-00, VFR 750, VFR 800, CBR 900/929/954, CB 919, CBR 1000RR, CBR 1100XX, ST 1100, GL 1800

Yam
YZ 250F, WR 250F, FZR 400, FZR 600, YZF 600, YZF-R6, YZF 750, FZ 1, FZR 1000, GTS 1000, YZF 1000, YZF-R1

Suz RM-Z 250, GSXR 600, GSXR 750 93-02, SV 650, DL 650, RF 900, GSXR 1000, GSXR 1100 93-98

Kaw
KX 250F, ZX 600, ZX 6-R, EX 250, KLX250s
Along with some others not listed here.

What I could understand is a particular shim being out of stock because the inventory was not maintained on the kit. You never know what you might need, so sometimes you have to order a shim pack. Of course that should only take 3 days max. Based on this shops performance so far, I bet the valves won't be correct even when you get it back. Look up "go" "no go" feeler gauges. They make the job easier and arealsoinexpensive.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adaycj

It is an absolute shame to see this board go downhill over attacks and snipes. Some of this stuff is obviously direct attacks. Can't a moderator do something? It seems several people need to be warned, and then banned. One last thing, if you think a post is a troll, then DON"T RESPOND.

I'm working on it, so for now please let it go. Thank you.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on.... i know most of you guys really feel for me. Its nice to tell someone who cares.... and can appreciate it.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hope you get her back soon bro.[&o]

Old 06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Eric I feel nearly as badly for you as I do Iowaguy after Patrick handed him his ***.
Any new news on your bike today?

Quick Reply: More of my bike..... called again.