moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.j...49&startPage=1

it seems like a great idea to me im really thinking bout buying a set to perk up the klx forks alond with race tech springs and valves all around... it should do the same thing as the race tech race tanks

Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

heres a few pics just to give an idea

also heres the write up from there site...

The science behind the handlebar subtank is simple. By adding more more air volume with our subtank bars
system you are able to achieve a plusher ride. Our adjustable clicker valve controls the air flow from
the fork to the handlebar. On small bumps your fork will respond as it has a low oil level. This results
in a plusher ride with improved turning ability and greater front wheel traction.
However, on big jumps, your fork will react as it has a higher oil level, thus retaining your original
bottoming resistance.

HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM THE subtank SYSTEM

* Plusher ride while retaining bottoming resistance
* Better cornering
* Reducing arm pump
* Greater front wheel traction
* Ability to adjust your front suspension while riding
* Ability to relieve unwanted air with one push of a button

THERE IS NO DRILLING OR TAPPING REQUIRED

WHAT IS MOTOCROSS ACTION SAYING AFTER A GRUELING TEST?

RATING : * * * * * (5 STARS)
DESIGN : The subtank design is simple yet remarkably effective.
INSTALLATION : It couldn't be any easier
PERFORMANCE : THE subtank SYSTEM WORKED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL

Attached Thumbnails moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?-moose-bars-1.jpg   moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?-moose-bars-2.jpg   moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?-moose-bars-3.jpg   moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?-moose-bars-4.jpg   moose racing subtank bars... anyone try them out?-moose-bars-5.jpg  

Old 04-22-2009, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I dunno, the added volume from the handle bars does not seem like all that much volume. Plus the bar has to be thicker to withstand a certain MAWP, reducing the small volume even more I would imagine. The fact that they say it makes normal riding a little softer for small bumps, but when the suspension is really compressed it is equivalent to running with out the bars, is almost a round about way to say they have little overall effect. If you want a smoother ride on the road, and willing to pay close to 200 dollars for it, then i guess it would be worth it. I don't know if older KLX models have it, by my '09 has easy adjustable suspension, if you wanted to make it slightly softer why not adjust it like that?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

well i was planning on new bars anyways, and these showed up... but the only adjustment my klx forks have ic compression and it dosnt seem to be a very sensitive adjustment... alot of the reviews i have read on other forums have really impresed people, but i do see where your comming from

Last edited by maineack bob; 04-22-2009 at 09:15 PM.