Mod report

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Mod report

Well, my wife likes the new mods. We went riding about 100 miles yesterday and she claims she did a wheely in second and got all scared. I didn't see it but I have to believe her. The bike sounds great (I am jealous and now need to mod my end cap) and runs much better. We are happy with the outcome. On a lighter note, we got pulled over by the police as they were looking for 2 motorcycles racing at 80 mph through a neighborhood and we just happened to drive by. They checked our licenses etc and issued no tickets although they said they had us doing 49 in a 35. I calmly stated "Well, it wasn't us" and that I didn't think we were going that fast. He said he stopped and switched his radar to some special mode (I forget) that allowed the accurate reading. From what I seen of those "Your speed is" machines they were way off and when we approached them in the past at 30 mph they would show 80 or 100 or some wacky readings. Anyhow, alls well that ends well.

db

Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Mod report

[:-]what were the mods done? I assume jetting, some airbox work and maybe a new exhaust?...I am still waiting for 2bros exhaust that was supposed to be in Mar28, but now it looks like April 10 Grrrrrrrrr!![:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

am i....nope nevermind
Cool deal,,,....congrats to the 2nd gear wheelie....I can do them too but with minor effort.I think it all depends on how much you weigh.......I'm at 145 and wheelies are darn easy on the bike.....And that is with stock gearing and my mods

Old 04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

[:-]what were the mods done? I assume jetting, some airbox work and maybe a new exhaust?...I am still waiting for 2bros exhaust that was supposed to be in Mar28, but now it looks like April 10 Grrrrrrrrr!![:@]
Dynojet, no air box lid, Kouba screw, 300 exhaust no end cap. Already had the 13t c/s sprocket months ago along with the Uni air filter. Runs much better.
db

Old 04-04-2008, 09:34 PM
1st Gear Member

i'm 180... wheelies are all about the clutch. power wheelies are what your talkin about i think.... i can get them up in first and shift up to 3rd but i cant pull them off the ground in 3rd with out racing up a hill over a hump and slipping the clutch a ton and yankin off my arms just about, but it does come all the way up.... gotta get my youtube skillz in check, i'll get some vids for you

Old 04-05-2008, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, it was a power wheely I was talking about. She only weighs 130 lbs so that makes a big difference. She is still scared of doing wheelies so it was a suprise, especially in 2nd gear. I guess I did good on the mods. I also wanted to clear up any confusion on my post about the police stopping us. Either they made up the story about the 2 racing motorcycles just so they could pull us over, or it was a couple of different motorcycles. I don't want anyone to think we were high speeding it through a neighborhood. Not sure on the top speed on her bike but she has had it over 70 indicated and I had it over 80 indicated but there was still a little more left...
db

pie4foou: get some vids!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh man another one of those "my wife weighs _ _ _ lbs posts, nice knowing you man. Just messing, glad to hear you guys are loving the mods. Another satisfied couple out riding together, nice. I gotta get my wife out on her XT225 before she looses all confidence. Its been 4 months since she rode last.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Oh man another one of those "my wife weighs _ _ _ lbs posts, nice knowing you man. Just messing, glad to hear you guys are loving the mods. Another satisfied couple out riding together, nice. I gotta get my wife out on her XT225 before she looses all confidence. Its been 4 months since she rode last.
My wife would ride every day if it wasn't for work etc...In fact, when it looks like its gonna rain on a riding day she calmly states (well maybe not calmly), "The weather people are always wrong"! I hate to take her out in the rain on purpose although we have got caught in it many times.
db