Mint '07 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gerrynolan
Tough times are forcing me to sell. My '07 is completely stock and has been babied. It is quiet and runs beautifully. I am asking $3,500 and am in MT airy NC 27030. I have ridden about 80% street.
Best of luck Gerry, hate to see someone selling what he loves, be it a bike, bass or whatever. Eat some more Ramen noodles and try to keep as many prized possesions as you can - you never know when 70mpg will come in handy.....

Old 10-04-2008, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

It is always hard to sell the adventure in your life, because that is just what these things are. They are the things that prevent you from being a boring old bastard later in life. I have gone through some hard times more than once. Just remember that it is all just temporary, things will always work out if you let them. Things always get better. Hang in there.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xerxes
Best of luck Gerry, hate to see someone selling what he loves, be it a bike, bass or whatever. Eat some more Ramen noodles and try to keep as many prized possesions as you can - you never know when 70mpg will come in handy.....
Thanks Xerxes, If all goes well I'll be back on 2 wheels by April '09. As time went on I started riding the KLX exclusively on the street. I may end up on a ZX6R next time around. Or, Dare I say it? A Harley? Either way I need to give up some toys for now & get my son some higher education.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
It is always hard to sell the adventure in your life, because that is just what these things are. They are the things that prevent you from being a boring old bastard later in life. I have gone through some hard times more than once. Just remember that it is all just temporary, things will always work out if you let them. Things always get better. Hang in there.
Thanks, That means alot man. I thought I had it all figured out then I lost my job. It was a crappy exterminator gig but it paid the bills. 4 months later & still no job so I did what any lunatic would do, Started Truck driving school. The plan is to be driving Tankers in 5 weeks for more than I made before. We'll have to see how it plays out but like you said "things always work out if you let them."

Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

No doubt about it!! Drive a truck and keep looking for another branch in the trail. If you can get a trade you will be fine. Get a welding ticket, they are pretty easy to get and it is a great skill to have. Keep your eyes open for an apprenticeship in one of the technical trades, electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, you will never look back.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

p.s. becoming an electrician 30 years ago saved my ***, and I kid you not

Old 10-04-2008, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I considered the trades but where I live there's a ton of people doing it that can't find work. I figured the CDL would be great to have and in 5 weeks I should have steady work. I actually love electrical work and just got done doing a ton of it for my guitarist. Rewired a complete basement as it got renovated. Lights, Cable outlets, the works. I even responded to some ads for electricians but I was competing against seasoned pro's with mega credentials. I actually think I'll enjoy driving Rigs (for a few years anyway.)

Old 10-04-2008, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Follow your gut instincts, sounds like you will be just fine.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again, BTW The Muzzy looks SweeeeT. I may end up being able to keep the KLX especially if some of my Guitars sell on Ebay.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool, my son has a collection of Fenders that he covets. He has no bike though

Quick Reply: Mint '07 for sale