Might Be Getting A KLX250S... Learned A Lesson

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Might Be Getting A KLX250S... Learned A Lesson

Hey all... I havent been posting on this forum alot because I have been researching ALOT. It first started off with the KLX250S. My first dream bike came out. I could learn it on dirt and once i get my permit be better on street. Then my friend said that the 250 was too small for me and the 650 was perfect for my size. (6'1 210) So for the last year i put the 250 out of my mind (even though i loved it) and thought of the 650. Well finally i went to the dealer to sit on the bikes and boy was my friend wrong about the 250. The 650 was way too heavy and uncomfortable where i actually wanted to get off of it. Then i sat on the 250 and i was right at home. For some funny reason i even think that bike is really big (Problly cause i have a klx110 pitbike so im used to that). But anyway i just wanted to say dont base your decisions on what your friends say. And this friend is actually a motorcyclist lol. Sorry for the long story but i just wanted to get it out there. Oh and one more thing... is there any way to change my user name as i will be trading or selling my v-force and dont care for my name anymore. Thanks

Old 03-24-2007, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Might Be Getting A KLX250S... Learned A Lesson

As a retired quadder, all I can say is 'welcome'. The KLX250S will be a LOT easier on your body than that VForce was, especially the knees if you jump a lot. I had a Z400 but often traded with my buddies orange VForce and that thing would have me feeling likeI sprinted a mile in no time...very heavy to throw around in the tight stuff, wore me out. It was a beast, though ! You'll love the KLX.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

First of all your friend is an idiot I'm kidding of course, unless he is then I swear I was just guessing[8D] I always thought after buying the KLX that I should have bought the Honda 650, but you know I'm 6-1 and 240 lbs, and the KLX is awesome. A few well deserved mods and the Kawi wakes up like a bear after hibernating all winter and .......ok I lost the whole thought, but its awesome and that's a fact jack. Wouldn't that be weird if your name was jack? (deej get back on track) Anyway you will not be disappointed with the bike. Don't listen to anyone that says that the bike is a power disappointment, those guys are usually coming from off road race bikes and so are disappointed with the KLX. Keep in mind that this bike is a dual sport bike, and is neither a full road bike or an off road only machine. It does both pretty good, but neither like its counterparts. Keeping that in mind you will love it.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

If you make a new account that will work, but you will lose your post count, not that any of us care about our post count But that might be the only way.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

I just got back from a 60 mile DS ride with a friend of mine who has an 07 Honda 650L and he definitely faired better than I did on the pavement.But offroad his 1st gear is quite a bit taller and we were on some mud and ice and where the KLX would tractor through he would end up creeping up on me and have to slip the clutch or just stop, there was certainly no lack of power, its just harder to go slow. On the road his box stock 650 will do a small roll on wheelie whereas my modded KLX won't but thats not why I bought the bike anyway.

Now that I'm totally offtrack I'd like to say that the KLX is my first bike and I couldn't be happier with it. I had the same mentality going into it, I can ride dirt until I get my license and thats what I did.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey im actually glad that its corked up in stock trim cause im still learning. I might be making a new profile if (when) i get the 250 cause i plan on staying a while, nothing better than a family of Kawasaki Riders. Oh and Deej my name is Dimitri in case you were wondering.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt
Now that I'm totally offtrack I'd like to say that the KLX is my first bike and I couldn't be happier with it. I had the same mentality going into it, I can ride dirt until I get my license and thats what I did.
Dude thats sick, how old were you when you got it if you dont mind me asking. Im only 15 but im pretty big for my age.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:09 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

So you sat on the klx250....did you buy one yet?

PM a moderator or admin and they can change your user name easily (take it from an ex-admin of another site)

Old 03-24-2007, 04:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawasakifan700

Hey im actually glad that its corked up in stock trim cause im still learning. I might be making a new profile if (when) i get the 250 cause i plan on staying a while, nothing better than a family of Kawasaki Riders. Oh and Deej my name is Dimitri in case you were wondering.
Can't I just call you Jack? Pleaaaaaaaaaaase? Never mind. Let us know what your new user name is.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

So you sat on the klx250....did you buy one yet?

PM a moderator or admin and they can change your user name easily (take it from an ex-admin of another site)
Oh sweet. Yup i sat on one and i felt right at home. Extremely comfortable. I gotta wait till i either sell my v-force or trade it in to get most of the money for it but i have a little over a grand saved up all ready. One thing i forgot to mention, which is probly the most important is that for a lond time my dad never wanted me getting a bike that was street legal. He basically thought no matter what if you go on the street with a bike you will get killed. I know its dangerous but the beauty of the 250 is its a dirtbike so im not "really" buying it for the street. Haha, who knows this will be my first big bike so i might like ridin offroad better than i do now.

Quick Reply: Might Be Getting A KLX250S... Learned A Lesson