Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Luggage

Ok folks, talk to me about luggage. Not doing any cross country type stuff- think more along the lines of college student commuting about 35 miles round trip each day. Looking for something with enough storage for stuff like gloves, rain suit, and a few other odds and ends. OK GO.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...dlebags-36372/
Check out the thread from a few days ago about the DirtBagz. I like what I've seen, but don't have any yet.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:08 PM
1st Gear Member

For college commuting i would get a rack and a hard lockable case for the back so you won't have to tote your helmet around all day to class.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I'd recommend a Nomadic rack (or other) and a Pelican case on it. You can secure it to the rack to make it challenging for anyone to take it. Plenty of size choices on the case and you can lock them.

Here is mine with the Pelican iM2075 Storm case. It's big enough to hold my rain jacket and pants and a couple of other items. For college papers and books you'd probably want the Pelican 1400 case. It is not as tall as mine but it is wider. I was flip-flopping between what I got and the 1400.

Name:  iM20753.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  70.0 KB

Links:

Nomadic: Nomadic Racks

Pelican: Welcome to www.pelican.com - Pelican Products is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases.

I bought mine here: pelican cases for laptops + camera cases + shipping containers from Pelican-Case.com

Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I've got a rack sitting waiting for me at the dealer when I can go pick it up. I'm loving the looks of the luggage you have on there- I love the rat look but gotta have it practical. I also dig pelican products-- I'm gonna have to dig through the website and see what all is there.

We are really only entitled to another week of warm weather here before blizzards may start. I'm trying to squeeze every day of riding in before the snow flies.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Have a look at Sears or JC Whitney for some cheap hard tail bags.
I also have the Nomadic rack but use the wolfman tail bag.
Thant wouldn't be practical for college where you need to leave the bike unattended for lenghts of time.
Motorcycle Travel Trunks - Sears Automotive Parts and Accessories
Motorcycle Travel Trunks - JCWhitney

Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

This one might do the trick. It's for a scooter so it's smaller.
Don't know if your helmet will fit in it though.
Amazon.com: Black Motorcycle Scooter Luggage Tail Trunk Top Hard Case with mounting hardware: Sports & Outdoors

Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I have oxford's tank, tail and saddle bags. The tank and tail packs are also back packs. The tank bag was great especially on my 636 ninja cause it has magnets for it to stick to the fuel tank. I like your set up 407! I saw that rack on ebay. I think im gonna get one.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

My spouse picked up the luggage rack and installed it for me yesterday. That's making a huge difference on my ride in because I don't have to carry a 30 pound bag on my back. The downside is it makes it harder for me to mount or dismount the bike. I'm on the shorter side, but have long legs-so it's not impossible; I really don't want to have to install lowering links. May have to go that route just for the sake of grace. I'm looking at some of the different options offered. I appreciate y'all's input.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Just practice your "high kick with hop" to get on without having to swing a leg over the back.

Quick Reply: Luggage