Old 09-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lowering ......?

thats a awsome pic nobrakes...

Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 PM

Awesome pics!!
I definately plan on treating it like a dirt bike. I cant wait to do that EMS!!!

Hey Nobrakes I read your post about going through the brush, fun, fun!!

Also, why does deej have a dirt bike if it never sees dirt [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats a wonderful question..... i think we are all wondering that.... he has issues...

Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Deej's bike gets dirty, it just doesn't stay that way for long.

BTW, I actually hosed my bike down yesterday - prep'ing to pull the cylinder off and don't want any clods of dirt falling into the enging. I'm getting ready to send the cyl off for the overbore which I think I'll start on this evening after I clean up in the garage a little - don't want to lose any parts after I disassemble since it will be apart for a few weeks while I send my cylinder off to be reworked.

But after I cleaned off my bike, I'm happy to report that I took a little spin - Doc said I could start using my arm a little more so I thought I'd take him up on that. I doubt that's what he had in mind though But I took it real easy, just around the neighborhood and I was ultra-careful not wanting to do anything to aggrevate the healing. Really I was just warming up the bike to dry off the water from just cleaning it, but it felt really good to be back on it, even if only for a little bit.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

thats a wonderful question..... i think we are all wondering that.... he has issues...

And I am actuall glad that he does.

That makes 3 of us . . . . how's the best way to say this . . . . sane?

Old 09-29-2006, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Mine, in its natural habitat

Nobrakes,

Great shot. Love the look of the bike - in it's natural setting - and the piney woods.

Sure do hope you can make it up for "Tour de Pisgah" coming up in about 3 weeks.

When we had our rally in the spring, "Tour de Tellico" here's the turnout we had:

Also, from our winter rally near Tally . . . . "Tour de Apalachicola"

Hope to see almost 75 dualsport bikes in a row up at the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground in a couple of weeks. Hope yours is one of them.

By the way, the KLX riders I know don't let injuries get it the way of their fun!

We rigged up a crutch carrier for him so he could join us. I'll say this, he never put a foot down all day long!

Old 09-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I hope I'm able to make it, too, but right now I'm iffy on it. That will be just about when the doc says I'm able to do a little more, so I'm hopeful, but it's too early for me to commit. That sure does look like great fun, though. If I can swing it, I will be there - I still need a way to haul my bike which I don't yet have.

Hmmm ... maybe I should hold off on the cylinder upgrade so that it there's no way it can interfere with this trip if it takes a little longer to get it back together than planned. I may just hold off, what's a few more weeks? Either that or go with a cylinder from FSW - Jerry said he can send me a new cylinder in exchange for mine so that my bike doesn't have to be unridable for so long. That sounds good to me, if only I could get him to return phone calls [&:]

You're going to be riding your 'Strom up aren't you? It'd be cool if you could bring your KLX, but I fully understand that for that long of a ride, it'd be tough. It'd be about a 6 hour trip for me by Interstate, so making the trip on the KLX would probably not be an option, especially with my shoulder not up to full capacity.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:20 PM

Where in North Carolina are you?

I might be able to solve a couple of issues here.

If I trailer up, I could pick you up along the way.

I can bring my KLX.

This might work!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm in Apex which is just a speck west of Raleigh. If that is manageble, that would be cool, but I suspect that would make your milage quite bit longer than it would otherwise need to be. Let me know what you think, in the meantime, I'll still see if I can work something out on my end.

Quick Reply: Lowering ......?