Lowering ......?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:53 AM
Default RE: Lowering ......?

EMS - sweet tattoo or your back!
I actually have one in the same spot. They're addicting arent they?

Old 09-27-2006, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ginsu4u

Welcome to the forum. You will love the KLX. My wife keeps trying to ride mine. She is 5'4 (Yikes!!). Looks like we'll be getting a XT225 for her soon.
Just get her a KLX and lower it [8D]

Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM

crashd3,

Okay, are you new to motorcycling?

If you are, I will ask you to do a favor for me. Please take the MSF Basic Rider Course.

Now, I work on weekends for Florida Safety Council. We have BRC classes all over the area - mostly at the local high schools and community colleges - UCF, SCC, DBCC - all let us use parking facilities and that is where most of our classes are taught. We also have some KLX250S's in our inventory. If I'm working the weekend you take your BRC, I will make sure you are riding the KLX250S and not some "baby cruiser" bike.

You will learn the correct way to ride - safe is the motto - and in the long run, it will save you a lot of wear and tear - both on you and your bike.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thanks, they are very addicting, i just got the one on my left shoulder this summer, and im already thinking about what i want next... lol... what do you have on your back?
ORIGINAL: crashd3

EMS - sweet tattoo or your back!
I actually have one in the same spot. They're addicting arent they?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:03 PM

Marty - Yep, totally new to the motorcycle scene. I will definately look into the class. Im sure there are some around here. That would be great if I could do it on the KLX.

EMS - Ive been wanting to get another one for awhile. The one on my back is similar to yours but is wider and narrower (I'll have to get a pic of it). I also have a small one on my wrist that is the code for the archeaological excavation I did (used to be an archeaology major).

Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats cool... tattoos that mean something are always cool! i have 4 tattoos... what is the one on your back? is it a phoenix?

ORIGINAL: crashd3

Marty - Yep, totally new to the motorcycle scene. I will definately look into the class. Im sure there are some around here. That would be great if I could do it on the KLX.

EMS - Ive been wanting to get another one for awhile. The one on my back is similar to yours but is wider and narrower (I'll have to get a pic of it). I also have a small one on my wrist that is the code for the archeaological excavation I did (used to be an archeaology major).

Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM

Great! You will be a much better rider because of it.

Here's some info to help in your quest.

PENSACOLA JUNIOR COLLEGE - (850) 484-1956

WARRINGTON/PENSACOLA - (800) 840-3447

HD OF PENSACOLA - (850) 494-1224

PENSACOLA INTERSTATE FAIR - (800) 840-3447

You need to check into these. A couple of questions to ask when deciding:

Do you have a full sized range? (personally, I find learning is greatly reduced with range size. Full size is much better.)

Basic Rider Course or Rider's Edge?

Cost?

The course is supposed to be about 16 hours in length, start to finish. 5 hours of classroom instruction, 10 hours of range instruction and welcoming and wrap-up take up about an hour. Prices are running throughout our state from just under $200 to well over $300. The course is provided by a contracted person under obligation for Florida Rider Training Program - a State of Florida agency.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can't guarantee what kind of equipment they use. As I said, the school I work for uses a lot of dual purpose bikes. Suzuki DR-200, KLX250S, Super Sherpa, Yamaha TW200 are all in our "collection". Of course, it is the largest training program in the entire state. We are operating over 10 school locations. Why do I work there? I believe they are doing it the right way!

Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

marty, is that all you do, you dont have another job or anything... cause i know the msf course around me is only on weekends.... just wondering

Old 09-27-2006, 04:17 PM

No, unfortunately - at least at this time - there are no real full-time opportunities to do MSF training. Most people work during the week and are interested in training only on the weekends.

I have worked at a place, an H-D dealership, that had a lighted range. However their range was minimum size and I saw that the students were not really getting all they could. I then switched to a provider with a full sized range.

There is an opportunity that I am pursuing that will let me do this full time. I am hoping that it will come to fruition.

Until then, I too work for a living!

Old 09-27-2006, 07:59 PM

The one on my back is something that I designed myself. Its a tribal like bird. I got it my first year at college away from home, and I was pretty far from home so I was basically on my own so it signifies growth, branching out on my own for the first time.

I managed to get a pic of it, but I took it myself with a mirror so it aint that great but you get the idea.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3180/2ABAC8A9AC4543159DA99AA3774B8F85.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Lowering ......?