LOVE my KLX....but...pics added

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LOVE my KLX....but...

So you have three bikes now? That's selfish man. By the way what is a green submarine going for these days? Hehe

Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

So you have three bikes now? That's selfish man. By the way what is a green submarine going for these days? Hehe
Now...Kato is a fine swimmer, just can't breath under water.

Kato's add

If you plop your but on a WR, you'll be amazed at the difference. Remember the difference when we tighten your compression at Tahulya? X4. This bike is rated for 408lbs, thats two of me. Or, one me and two cheerleaders.[sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride, Tony! No tach on the KTM EXC, either. You'll survive.

I'm looking forward to owning a fuel injected bike. I'm a little concerned that it costs a lot to "rejet" an EFI, ala, Power Commander, but if it performs fine stock, then there's no need. It's ability to automatically adjust to air temperature, altitude, freer flowing pipes, etc, is just too cool. Perfect jetting all the time - what a concept!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

congrats on that bike. it's a sweet bike indeed. but I'm with you, I don't know why they didn't install a tach too. oh well, the DRZSM didn't have one and I managed. When the handlebars start vibrating, you just shift.
+1 I don't mind bouncing off the limiter.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the FI. The next bike I get will have it.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new bike!...[sm=smiley20.gif] How would you compare the power to the klx?

Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onestarr99

Congrats on the new bike!...[sm=smiley20.gif] How would you compare the power to the klx?
With only 20 minutes of ride time, and remembering how lethargic the KLX was new, pretty good power.

The bottom end power(at this early stage) is not that impressive after have the sweet grunt of the 331 kit. When you hit the mid-range the bike lights up nicely. I popped it in to second with the rpm's up and it pulled the front tire up, with great surprise. Once the bike warms up the power is very smooth. The throttle response is 'right now', I have never riddin a true dirt bike or pumper carbed bike, but any twitch with your wrist has an immediate reaction.

At this point the top end is endless. I haven't found the rev limiter yet, but by Monday the bike will be severely abused.... Warranty check. lol

Some pics

Oh Deeej...got mud

Rubber mounted turn signals.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice Tony, are you thinking of a tail plate mod yet? Why don't bike companies just get some input from real riders before adding that plate holder. It would save everyone a lot of time and money.[8D] Oh and from the picture it looks like the Yami seat is 2 inches higher. When are we going riding man? Are you going to add a rack and a case? What about mud flaps on the front, come on you know you want to.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

looks sharp.... I like the tail light.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Tony,

Is the rear sprocket really tiny, or is that an optical illusion? I went to the Yamaha website, but didn't find the sprocket specs.

Nice bike! Man, I wish I had fuel injection!

Quick Reply: LOVE my KLX....but...pics added