Looking for a good backpack

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Looking for a good backpack

Hi everyone,

So i am in the market for a good backpack to use when i go adventuring on my klx. What backpacks are u guys using? And what do u recommend?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

I got a Hydration pack at Walmart for ~$22.

I pack mine with about 1/2 water 1/2 ice and it stays cold for several hours.
It has enough from for a sandwich, cookies, etc.

http://www.outdoorproducts.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=598U

Here is what it looks like.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I've got a camelback backpack. Let's me keep all my goodies plus water...

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a good backpack-cb-20362-1.jpg  
Old 03-28-2009, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

go Icon!!!

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a good backpack-icon.jpg  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

http://www.hydrapak.com/catalog/product2109.htm

lots of water and storage, and doesnt bounce around while riding.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

hey, I went with an Exotec SP-3 pack from Zac Speed, www.zacspeed.com. This is an amazing combo of armor and backpack, built-in tool roll, and hydration pack. Lots of storage. I liked it so much i did a group buy with them and brought 10 in to Canada for me and my friends, everyone loves them. Had them shipped directly from Australia, although you can buy these through Thumpertalk store as well.

dave

Old 03-28-2009, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by millicat
hey, I went with an Exotec SP-3 pack from Zac Speed, www.zacspeed.com. This is an amazing combo of armor and backpack, built-in tool roll, and hydration pack. Lots of storage. I liked it so much i did a group buy with them and brought 10 in to Canada for me and my friends, everyone loves them. Had them shipped directly from Australia, although you can buy these through Thumpertalk store as well.

dave
This is what I also use. Haven't had it too long but so far seems to be holding up and works well. The only minor complaint is the shoulder pads seem to sit a little higher than other chest protectors and my helmet taps them side to side while riding. At first it was very annoying but I don't notice it much if at all any more. Before using the Zac Speed I used and still have a Camelback which has held up great over the years.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by millicat

dave
Hi Dave can you tell me how much you paid for the pack? or if you have any left over? I might be interested.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I use a JanSport Agave backpack. Lots of storage, back part is breathable, S-curved straps so shoulders don't get pressure pointed like my old one did (also has lots of padding), and can carry a hydrotaion pack. One feature I like most is the chest and waist strap. This way the pack stays on you better and doesn't allow the shoulder straps to slide off..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
Hi Dave can you tell me how much you paid for the pack? or if you have any left over? I might be interested.
I bought 10 of them, ending paying about $236.00 each taxes and shipping included. I don't have any left over. They gave me a deal because I bought a bunch, otherwise I think the price would have been about $260-$270 each. Not an inexpensive product, but well worth the price to me. prior to getting it i'd been trying to put my camelback over top of my Thor armour, man that was a pain, it'd hang up all the time... now with it all being an integrated unit, it's sweet!

Dave

Quick Reply: Looking for a good backpack