Long winded over heating question....stumped..WTF????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 11:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Mark...you wear hose? Silk or nylon?
Back during the big one we couldn't get nylons or silk so I went for full woolies with a flap in the back!

Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

So, just an update for anyone else that may experience the same.

Changed thermostat, fan sensor switch, added Motul motocool, and everything seems to be back to normal. Fan comes on BEFORE the light, and light didn't even come on the last 2 rides.

Fingers crossed, but it looks like it's solved.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Dash, maybe update your top post, on this thread, with the solution.. makes it easier to get the solution quickly..?

Old 08-19-2016, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Hey Dash, maybe update your top post, on this thread, with the solution.. makes it easier to get the solution quickly..?
That is an excellent idea!

Old 06-04-2024, 06:47 AM
1st Gear Member

My KLX has always had a problem with overheating (Only on road use) when slow in traffice and or **** roads, I have replaced, water pump and radiators already. I am running a digital AFR now on the handle bar, as i thought it was running lean, but all seems to be between 12-1 and 14-1 so should not be overheating due to fuel mixture.
Fan comes on and off all the time. Went out with the wife for a run 150kms last weekend, and anytime we were going up any steep hills the Temp red light would come on. I am away to replace the thermostat and temperature warning light. I have also bought a second fan and going to fit that also.

Old 06-04-2024, 06:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoelThailand
Check your radiator hoses are fitted correctly. The 2 on the right side will fit & look correct in the WRONG configuration. Easily done if not paying attention!

Please correct me if i'm wrong but when Bikeland featured it's 331 motard conversion they got the hoses reversed! The only reason i know this (not because i'm geekishly observant) is a Kawasaki dealer mechanic fitted my red silicon hoses wrongly & my bike ran very hot for a month until this error was spotted, which was really annoying.
Just a thought!

Wrong fitting

Correct fitting
Is this the wrong way in the photo ? Mine have always been that way, maybe just found the problem woo hoo

Old 06-04-2024, 08:05 AM
tsc
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subseageorge
Is this the wrong way in the photo ? Mine have always been that way, maybe just found the problem woo hoo
This is wrong connection to the pump man!

Old 06-04-2024, 10:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tsc
This is wrong connection to the pump man!
Thanks mate, will change mine tomorrow. They have been the wrong way since i bought it second hand 10 years ago now, lol

Old 06-04-2024, 10:33 AM
tsc
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subseageorge
Thanks mate, will change mine tomorrow. They have been the wrong way since i bought it second hand 10 years ago now, lol
That's indo style mechanics :-D happen all the time to me. Need to triple check everything

Old 06-04-2024, 12:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, the pump connections are reversed. The fitting that leads to the center of the cover is the suction side-it should come from the rad. outlet. The fitting on the outer scroll of the cover is the pump outlet, it connects to the supply hose on the base of the cylinder. Get those swapped and your problems should be gone.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Deric - Dropbox.pdf (973.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by GBAUTO; 06-04-2024 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Long winded over heating question....stumped..WTF????