a little off topic, but hey........

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 AM
IG
Default RE: a little off topic, but hey........

ORIGINAL: Truckman

"custards last stand" for the atari 2600 rocks, or "kaboom" haha.
what's awesome is that i do still have an Atari.....my favorite still is pitfall with the awesome sound effects that resemble giant farts......

My favorite games are still on the PS2 and that would be gran turismo...all of them I have finally beaten the latest version and it took well over a year....it's more realistic and has more options than the xbox games IMO.....plus i only play with the controller when i lay on the living room floor because i thing that all "imposter" steering wheels suck butt.....if they aren't attached to an actual car they aren't right.I have a pile of war games right now (socom3,medal of honor...etc.) and i can't play them worth a darn....but then again i don't really play any games much as i'm always outside doing crap....I really like grand theft auto as i can use cheat codes and just get alot of weapons to damage stuff....LOL...breaking stuff is cool...
LOL, I know what you mean about the pitfall sounds. I got that game back in 1981 when I was ten. I remember that it came with something that said if you reached a certain point level to take a picture of the screen and send it into activision and you'd get something. Well, my parents let me do that but I don't remember getting anything. then there was Pitfall 2-Lost Caverns which was actually pretty good. I made it thru that game one time with a flawless score which was actually pretty hard to do with those condors flying up and down trying to take your head off. ah, Atari. Mine was actually the Sears Video Arcade version made for Sears. The Sears auto racing game was addictive. Ok, back to 2007.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ig you were 10 in 1981, crap I thought you were older than me, dang it. I graduated in 1982, wow that was a hundred years ago. I never had a video game system until the first Nintendo came out.( But a friend of mine had the Atari 2600 and we played the Tank game for hours on end.

Then his dad (mom and dad were split) bought an Intellivision We played baseball, I sucked at it, and to this day I hate sports games on any system. Give me a good old WWII game single player and I'm happy. COD 2 and 3 and MOH Airborne. Yea baby that's the ticket.

Edited because I forgot to capitalize a word.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:55 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: deej

Ig you were 10 in 1981, crap I thought you were older than me, dang it. I graduated in 1982, wow that was a hundred years ago. I never had a video game system until the first Nintendo came out.( But a friend of mine had the Atari 2600 and we played the Tank game for hours on end.

Then his dad (mom and dad were split) bought an Intellivision We played baseball, I sucked at it, and to this day I hate sports games on any system. Give me a good old WWII game single player and I'm happy. COD 2 and 3 and MOH Airborne. Yea baby that's the ticket.

Edited because I forgot to capitalize a word.
we really could go on and on about the effects these video games had on our childhood, I like going back to those times. Asteroids was another addictive game. deej, I played Intellivision baseball back in the day, that game rocked with it's voice. Also, dungeons and dragons on that system ruled. My uncle had the system and I will never forget playing that for two days in Michigan. You actually thought I was older than you? c'mon, I'm just a kid, otherwise I couldn't be a **** at times.

ps. the original NES was the bomb as well. Excitebike, kung-fu, duck hunt, and the rest are all imprinted into my head. Here I go back to 1986, cya later if I come back.

I also just read that MarioKart for the Wii is scheduled to be released in early 2008, and includes Mario and friends on the usual but now includes motorcycles including old very vividly looking cafe style race bikes. I cannot friggin wait. I love that game, the DS version flat out kills- smooth as silk.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i was born in 1983

I just bought Black for ps2.... sweet game... ak-47, riot shotguns, shooting people, swearing, grenades, all the best stuff.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 PM

river raid for the atari 2600, my all time favorite, i could play that for days. now its ace combat 5, i love landing on the carrier in my f/a 18 hornet. every other day on my way to work i get hornets flying very low over me as they practice landings at mcas miramar. my route to work goes right by the beginning of the runway there. last month a c-5 galaxy flew right over my head, damn that thing was huge...... and low.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Ace Combat series rocks, landing was a little too easy tho. I'm just pissed they put 6 on the 360, now I gotta buy 2 systems and I dont have money for either. [:@]

Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Got a PS3 my self. (and PS2 and PSP) And I don't even have kids! I think I'll be playing these things forever! I got lucky and walked into a Best buy about a week after they were released and got lucky as they just got about 5 of them in an hour before. No waiting! Played all of Resistance. Way cool game. Can't believe I finished it. Damn credits started coming up.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Just about any game for free
http://www.sswarez.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Old 12-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i was born in 1983

I just bought Black for ps2.... sweet game... ak-47, riot shotguns, shooting people, swearing, grenades, all the best stuff.
hmm, a young pup. Game wise, I "Know Nothing"

Old 12-12-2007, 04:36 AM

My girls want a Wii also, I better get to looking,

This brings back some memories! Deej, I graduated in 82 also. I even had the game Pong! I think it was the first game you could get for your television. I remember setting around at parties waiting my turn and watching everyone else play that game. I had to have all the other games that followed.

The date that digital TVwill take over is Feb. 17, 2009. Get ready to buy some new TV's! Or just a converter box. It will be a great day for Hi Fi nuts. It's not just a better picture but it will also be interactive (similar to Direct TV but much more advanced).
Check it out: http://www.dtv.gov/

My company did a big advertising campaign forthe promotion of DTVand they had them both set up and the difference was amazing.

Quick Reply: a little off topic, but hey........