a little off topic, but hey........

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
IG
Default a little off topic, but hey........

this last week I've been on a bit of a crusade to get one of them Wii's from Nintendo for my girls for Christmas. anyone else know about these? Well, I just snagged one at toys r us this morning and am pretty stoked as if you know about these, you know it's like getting tickets to Oprah to find one for retail. Just had to share with you guys. Anyone else looking to get one or have one? I know nothing about them tbh, butthe challenge to get one was one I couldn't pass up.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: a little off topic, but hey........

how much did ya pay.... they are going for 250 up here, but the sellers said almost impossible to actually find one.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

my boss had to go to another state to get the one for his kids.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

When the Wii's first came out and right up until two weeks ago, I thought they were stupid, I mean it seemed like a scam to get us to exercise while having fun. But seriously I got to play one and I have to say it was pretty cool. I was bowling. Now my kid is ready to drop the X-box 360 and get a Wii. Oh well it seems that technology will never stop bringing us something "better" I can't keep up. I was just watching an announcement about Digital tv signal, and how all the millions of aerial antennas and non compliance tv's are going to have to be replaced by a certain date in order to free UHF and VHF space for the FCC. Well I have to tell you the day someone else decides when I replace the 4 tv's in my house, is the day I call dish network and say good by. I'm not falling for that crap.[:@] Besides that will give me even more time to ride.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

we let them into our house by not speaking up.....how bout the new bill that decides when i can whoop my childs *** when they mouth off to me???huh???? WTF is that.If my kid backtalks i'll just use a tazer then as it seems to be more humane than a strap or my hand on the ***.....not that I do that but it's the whole effin point behind it.
anyway now that i'm off my box.....I saw wii's going for 229$$ around the philly area at bestbuy and circuit city i think ....just got to their websites.....I'll just stick with my PSII for a few more years as GTA (whatever the latest is) still provides me with enough humor while i'm putting down the cold ones....yes with cheat codes too.....

Old 12-06-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry they are 299$ my mistake.....and i was ranting about the crap about the "no child abuse" law they want to federally instate.......or maybe local...either way...get out of my effin house GVT!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

A couple of months ago I was in a Sam's Club and noticed a gathering of people around the video game area (there was few Wii's in-stock), I had only heard my kids talk about a Wii and knew nothing about it except they were hard to find on the shelf.
I picked one up for $249.99 (Sport Bundle) while I was there , I must say that it's a pretty damn interesting and fun gadget, the downside though is the balsted in-laws now come over fairly often to have a turn.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

In-Laws? Brutal

Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

We got one in Montana last spring somehow. Just lucky I guess. They are STILL impossible to find. Even harder still is guitar hero 3 for xbox, playstation 3 and wii. And of course brace yourselves for Rock Band.

Personally I like the xbox 360 better. More mature games available. Wii's good drunk fun too though.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
IG

wow, thanks for the replies guys. I paid retail which is $249. They're hard to get here if you don't know when they come in. I've learned when the wal-marts, targets, and toys r us' get them so I got one. I missed two wal-marts Tuesday by a half-hour. They have the UPS guy deliver theirs so it's always hit or miss, or just circumstance that one gets one there. My girls were requesting the bowling game and it comes with the sports pack which is 5 games, not sure if I should buy another controller or not as they're $40. I think the younger generation likes the Nintendo stuff as last year we got DS' for my two older ones and I gotta tell you, Mario Kart on that thing may be the slickest racing game I've played on anything, quite addictive. I got my oldest one a PSP this year as it has some pretty good adults titles too. Woohoo, can't wait until Christmas.

Quick Reply: a little off topic, but hey........