Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

The KLX I originally bought to join and please two buddies of mine, one with a 2006 DRZ-400 and the other at the time with a 2005 KLR-250, and now a Husky 610. They wanted me to get a trail bike so badly to ride with them and show them some ropes since they were both pretty new riders that they eventually talked me into the KLX.

I bought the KLX having talked myself into an easy going trail bike, something bullet proof that I could take in all kinds of places for casual adventure, and for that purpose I love the bike.

Unfortionately..., I've been riding since I was 8 years old and started out with dreams of speed and knife edged adrenaline. I've never been able to get racing out of my blood ever since. Now at 27, 19-years of riding, I have'nt managed to slow down one bit.

A few misshaps here and there, many, many, many brushes with death on and offroad as well as the track, a few lost friends to either sides of that coin, and as much as I hate to see lives lost and pain caused in what ultimately are rather fragile bodies.., I just can't imagine life without it.

We all do our best to keep safe, we all do our best to keep in mind those that love us, and how our loss or injury would affect our lives and those lives around us.., but in the end, I can't stop living. I do what I do because, with many things, when I sit atop a solitary mountain peak staring at the stars or I'm tossing in my bed at night or simply siting alone in the dark and thinking about the things that make me happy, the things that make life worth living...

Though I enjoy the easy strolls, the scenery, the adventure of exploration, I also enjoy the passion of racing, the violence of the wind at 160-mph and up, the view of having a bike 10-feet or more off the ground, the sound of an engine screaming to you, pushing, striving like a mechanical steed glowing like a star.. and its one of many things I just cannot imagine being without in life. I try my best, aggresively, to keep myself safe and intact, because if I don't I cannot do these things I love.., but with that in mind, I don't believe I would be happy without them.., so I keep trying, I keep treading that fragile line between to far and just caressing the edge of that razor, and I accept the reality that I've lost friends to such things, and that one day.., I may slip to far at the wrong moment and no longer be here...

But because these things can happen.., I can't stop living, and I won't..., because I feel that the moment I stop doing the things that make me feel the most alive.., that I"ll stop living in a worse way.., and that scares me a whole lot worse.

Perhaps its my age still be young at 27 or so the world tells me, maybe simple immaturity, and in a way a part of me wonders if that matters..., but in the end, I can only say, everyone.., do your best to keep safe, and do your best to 'live' in whatever ways, whatever meaning, you find in that word.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

Don't worry jellyfish is fine this post is a year old I'm pretty sure that bastid is over in Iraq makin Boookoo Bucks as a private mechanic for the military in the Green Zone. His Adv handle is nutzskyif I remeber correctly.