Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Default RE: Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

+1 deej , I messed up, never saw the hole...... I wasn't doing anything stupid.... really.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's not to say that something can't happen to each and every one of us at anytime going any speed. I just like to stack the odds in my favor (favour for my Canadian brothers)

Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

It can happen anytime anywere and you don't have to be screwing around. When I broke my collar bone, I was going less than 10 miles per hour. I know that sounds lame, and probably is, but sh*t happens. That dang rut dropped me in a millisecond, no time to react, and I happened to land on/in an adjacent rut which I think twisted my shoulder at an odd angle or something which probably contributed to my injury. Net result - lots of pain and no gain.

Fortunately, I'm a tough SOB unlike Jellyfish and I lifted my bike, got it started, and rode it home, broken bones and all.

J/K - Jelly looked like he took a VERY hard fall and was lucky to be here to tell the story, not to mention had some good folks that had his back on that ride. Glad you are OK, man!

Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 PM

The worst part was landing on the handlebar end....on my stomach... around well lets say over 40 to be conservative, it tried to go through me but the acerbis hanguards presented a different outline than a round sharp tube so was like wearing a kevlar vest against a bullet ...went halfway thru my body but did not penetrate...lucky I think so Funny I tried to get up an walk to the bike, Honestly my legs were not working at the time THAT'S WHEN I KNEW I WAS FFFFFUUUUUGGGGGGDDDED UP
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I bypassed go and did not colletct 200.00 and went straight to oh **** I will be in a wheelchair and I wont be able to wipe my **** and so forth . It is amazing how much crap you can think up in 40 minutes laying on the ground. I feel pretty good now, still have a serious bump on my left side like half of my body went on a diet /...... ha

Thanks to all for keeping me in your prayers.

Jelly F.

PS I bumped into Marty at the gas station . And said hi to all you ff's...

Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Man i bet that hurts, When i was little my dad was cutting like half inch upto 1" trees off, and he was leaving them long, i was on a log and slipped off the log and fell onto like a 3/4" tree"stump" was sticking up like a foot, i thaught it was gonna go through me... hurt baaaad.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Whoa there! Man, you areone lucky dude, Jellyfish. I'm real gladeverthingis still intact and functional.

Ihave permanently losta lot of strength and movement in my left arm due to a sport bike accident in 2001. Count your blessings and remember we're notindestructable.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Francis,

I just heard through the grapevine about your spill. Glad you're ok.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:57 AM
1st Gear Member

All good boys L4 L5 lumbar out still gonna push it.Live life have fun. your only as old as you feel.chiropractict helps.probably spelt that wrong.Dirt bikes are a aphrodesheaque.spelt that wrong,ohh well

Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 AM
1st Gear Member

live long and ride hard brother........do what you can and enjoy the weather.count your blessings and enjoy the days on 2 wheels....after 10 weeks down so far this year for myself i am doing just that.....ride hard when you can kick back and enjoy the rest when you get to where your going.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Whoa, Jellyfish...Its great that you are doing so well after your mishap! Myself, being 48 years young with a family and mortage have always thought about the "what if" factor. My racing days ended in 1988 whe I crashed hard during a desert race and was brought back to the truck by Rescue 3, after spending half a day in the emergency room I was sent home with a broken Jaw (damm Aria helmets) 4 stiches in my lip and a knee the size of a watermelon! My wife said "dont you think you have had enough fun?" ....Sold the bike and did not return to motorcycles until my daughter was 8 years old (6 years ago) and bought her a xr70...Now she is on a crf150...wel the rest is history.

I cant get the smashed tank out of my mind!!!

Quick Reply: Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...