Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:09 AM
Default Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

Hi all, I haven't visited here in awhile, but...

...here is what Nutsky's bike looked like after his high speed crash (he is hurting but will be okay): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200522&page=8 (pics in multiple threads on the page)

Here is what I was thinking as I was riding the next day after his crash: you can have 90% of the possible fun with relatively low risk, and the last 10% brings exponential risk. That last bit isn't remotely worth it.

...I had a blast riding 50 miles in Ocala National Forest with Bronc3: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...p;postcount=23
By the way, no, I'm not that color coordinated...the green riding clothes were given to me by another rider, just a coincidence they match the bike!

I'm so ready to spend more time in ONF, so ring me up on it.

I'm a noob so old lessons are new to me, and here is the cool thing about dual sport riding instead of dirt bike riding that finally dawned on me: we could go anywhere, such as hooking up fire and pavement roads to new trails; miles of exploration and changing terrain is the thing I love about getting off pavement. The KLX is perfecto for it IMHO.

My KLX is still stock, with all the parts sitting in my garage and me being too busy with multiple jobs and being a total noob never working on bikes like this before ("what is a carb" [] HAAAAAAAAAA). With this forum in hand, it'll happen one way or another, THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFO HERE.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Default RE: Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...

I am with you on the 90% thing. I stay a little lower than that and have plenty of fun doing it. I don't have anything to prove I just love to ride. Boy that was some wreak! Glad he is still here in one piece. Now he says he needs a faster bike?? Don't really understand that logic. It looks like the KLX is like a Timex takes a lickin...

Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Id say i go about 95%... i push it.... thats how i have fun... if your not almost wrecking your not having enough fun...

Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Id say i go about 95%... i push it.... thats how i have fun... if your not almost wrecking your not having enough fun...
Uhhhhhhhhhh..... Yeah, right. To each his own. I'd say the older u get the wiser u get.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tennisman

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Uhhhhhhhhhh..... Yeah, right. To each his own. I'd say the older u get the wiser u get.
+1 on that tennisman!!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

The older i get the more fun i have The one day we got like 4 inches of snow while i was at work when i left for the day i did like 3 donuts in the parking lot in my truck, and there were others cars in the lot, one of the secretarys saw me and got all pissed off and kinda bitched at me for it.... how it was immature, and bla bla bla..... I told her if i ever get too old to do donuts in my truck.... kill me... she didnt like that answer... i think she is still mad at me.... My wife doesnt like watching me ride dirt.... she says it scares her.. like you said. to each his own
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

My thoughts are... If you're not falling down, you're not trying hard enough (off road, not on the street) .
That said - no point in being stupid. I can't afford any serious injuries.
I've fallen countless times though - rarely been hurt.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 AM

I say I am going to the Scrub on Friday and kill a keg of Black & Tan.

And I might go for a ride.... a little slower this time.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: jellyfish

I say I am going to the Scrub on Friday and kill a keg of Black & Tan.

And I might go for a ride.... a little slower this time.
Enjoy! I'd be there if I wasn't out of state this upcoming week...

Old 03-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tennisman

Exactly!! I have fun knowing that I'm probably going to make it home with no broken bones and no broken bike parts. I am into exploring not exploring human or machine limitations. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just at 40+ with a family and a job I love, I just don't want to take chances. But those of you that do, good for you, and like the Sarge on Hill Street Blues used to always say before everyone headed out........."Lets be careful out there."[8D]

Quick Reply: Lil' FL update: crashed KLX, ONF fun...