Lets see your rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lets see your rotors

The KX rotor is the same bolt pattern but is using a size smaller mounting bolts.
What part #'s did you end up ordering? Did you order the EBC setup?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes the KLX 300 EBC.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Truckman

Now I guess I was assuming the KDX rotors were the same as the KLX300'ssince they look the same
NEVER ASSUME AS IT MAKES AN *** OUT OF U AND ME.
The research is simple just use the Kawi fiche and cross it over to the other #'s from moto-master and/or EBC and braking........my stuff has been installed for a while now.for a hint.....the KX might have something to do with it.....maybe the 500? ....whoops i let it go.....
???? isn't this a little old info? I mean, he already ordered the rotor and I already admitted I was assuming the KDX would not fit. Still, no one has proven that a KDX rotor WILLfit the KLX250S. I still don't understand the end of your post about the "500" and the KX "having something to do with it." care to explain?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Tremor has & I have a KDX rotor in my garage. I never bolted it up because I never found a rotor listed for the KDX, so I had no reason too.

Now I do.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Tremor has & I have a KDX rotor in my garage. I never bolted it up because I never found a rotor listed for the KDX, so I had no reason too.

Now I do.
do it. I want to see it on there. I personally like the KDX/KLX300/KX rotor better than the KLX250S rotor. If I see it on there I will believe it fits and I can order one off ebay or at least keep my eye open for one in the spring when I buy my KLX.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

KLXer helping IG? Well, as long as I get to prove I was right.

It fits. Bolts right on, did it tonight. The rotor is slightly thinner and AT LEAST 50% lighter.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Note to any followers of the thread I was refering to the KDX disc

Last edited by KLXer; 03-20-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:43 AM

LOL, well now, looks like maybe we can be friends after all eh? No, seriously, I appreciate you doing that. I'd like to see some pics if you took any. I really like the way that rotor looks compared to the oem KLXS rotor. I think the KDX rotor looks more off-road looking than the stock KLXS rotor. Now that I know it fits I guess I can start my search. You wouldn't want to sell that rotor maybe next spring would you? Just out of curiosity, why do you think the KLXS got the other rotor and it's heavier steel? I'm thinking maybe to stand up to the rigors of on-road riding, maybe not. Anyone?

Old 10-16-2007, 08:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Just a guess, but since steel (KLX) is harder than cast iron (KDX), i'd say longevity was the concern, since you rack-up more miles on the slab. I'd much rather have the lighter weight and increased stopping power of the cast iron rotor though.

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

LOL, well now, looks like maybe we can be friends after all eh? No, seriously, I appreciate you doing that. I'd like to see some pics if you took any. I really like the way that rotor looks compared to the oem KLXS rotor. I think the KDX rotor looks more off-road looking than the stock KLXS rotor. Now that I know it fits I guess I can start my search. You wouldn't want to sell that rotor maybe next spring would you? Just out of curiosity, why do you think the KLXS got the other rotor and it's heavier steel? I'm thinking maybe to stand up to the rigors of on-road riding, maybe not. Anyone?

Old 10-17-2007, 12:25 PM
1st Gear Member

???? isn't this a little old info? I mean, he already ordered the rotor and I already admitted I was assuming the KDX would not fit. Still, no one has proven that a KDX rotor WILLfit the KLX250S. I still don't understand the end of your post about the "500" and the KX "having something to do with it." care to explain?
Why not be sure and just get the KX rotor and be done with it.It's peanuts to drill the holes 2mm larger as the chamfer is still the same angle for the bolts and will still secure them just fine.It made more sense to me to do this instead of playing a guessing game with other parts.Either way I got an EBC wave type rotor which works much better over the stocker.The chamfered head bolts fit right in the exception of about 1 1/2 mm of the head.This can look deceiving though but their is more than enough in there for a firm anchor.

Quick Reply: Lets see your rotors