Lets see your rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lets see your rotors

The reason it may work is because the disc is to accept a counterbore bolt, with an opening of 10.5mm per moto-master. Here is the description of the bolt moto-master says fits the disc.

http://www.moto-masterusa.com/2007%2...nt%20Chart.pdf

I just dont know, this is fastly becoming not worth the effort.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't give up on it yet. I understand your frustration, I would like an answer that sounded like they were sure of the fit based on previous expeience. (but it didn't sound that way)
I glanced at the rotor on my KX250F this morning before I left. I'm going to do some exploratory surgery when I get home, because the bolts / pattern look to be the same as the KLX. Now thats just a side by side comparison so no facts here yet. But if they are interchangeable then at least we have a starting point.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

Don't give up on it yet. I understand your frustration, I would like an answer that sounded like they were sure of the fit based on previous expeience. (but it didn't sound that way)
I glanced at the rotor on my KX250F this morning before I left. I'm going to do some exploratory surgery when I get home, because the bolts / pattern look to be the same as the KLX. Now thats just a side by side comparison so no facts here yet. But if they are interchangeable then at least we have a starting point.
I doubt those new KX rotors will bolt onthe KLX hub. KLX'er, why don't you just get the front rotor that tremor has? is it that you can't get it here in the states?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Correct, would love to have it. Braking said no, god forbid they sell a product.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats it. I think I am just going to order it. Best case, the holes in the disc allow a 8mm bolt to be used, worst case off to the machine shop or source a 300 hub.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I have my doubts about the 250F rotor as well, but that's what makes actually trying it half the fun. I have never seen it tried, so the added knowledge will be a plus.

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

I doubt those new KX rotors will bolt onthe KLX hub. KLX'er, why don't you just get the front rotor that tremor has? is it that you can't get it here in the states?

Old 10-13-2007, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

That's a mighty sharp looking rotor.

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Thats it. I think I am just going to order it. Best case, the holes in the disc allow a 8mm bolt to be used, worst case off to the machine shop or source a 300 hub.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:24 PM

yes it is nice, looks almost like a DRZSM front rotor all cut up.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

whoo hoo

Last edited by KLXer; 03-20-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Now I guess I was assuming the KDX rotors were the same as the KLX300'ssince they look the same
NEVER ASSUME AS IT MAKES AN *** OUT OF U AND ME.
The research is simple just use the Kawi fiche and cross it over to the other #'s from moto-master and/or EBC and braking........my stuff has been installed for a while now.for a hint.....the KX might have something to do with it.....maybe the 500? ....whoops i let it go.....

Quick Reply: Lets see your rotors