LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by John Van Gelder
jckid

Where were the pictures of your red 09 taken? It looks a lot like the forest I live in.

Thanks
John Van Gelder
Northeast Oregon
Actually the pics were taken in the Sequoia National Forest in California. You're right though. The pics do look similar to some of the scenery in Oregon. I was just recently in Oregon on a trip I took on my Husky. I went to visit family since Oregon is where I'm from.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

pics of 09 with new pipe and some older pics i took after riding with a friend

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-imag0016.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-image_464681477487905990004.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-image_358040379467278770000.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mariner76e
pics of 09 with new pipe and some older pics i took after riding with a friend
WOW! That is one BIG muffler!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member

is that really carbon. i love it.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, guys, I hate to say it but I went the Nobrakes route. I finally went from KLX to KTM. And don't worry; my KLX will still be put to good use as my street bike and back-up/loaner bike.

Name:  P8030012.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  P8030013.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  120.7 KB

Don't hate! :P

Old 08-04-2010, 01:36 PM

jckid

Not sure if this right forum, but I would like to hear your impressions of the SM610, If I had of know about those I might not have gotten the KLX, since you have both I would like to hear what you think.

Thanks

Old 08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by John Van Gelder
jckid

Not sure if this right forum, but I would like to hear your impressions of the SM610, If I had of know about those I might not have gotten the KLX, since you have both I would like to hear what you think.

Thanks
I love both bikes, but for different reasons.

I've had a variety of bikes, but before I bought the Husky, I was riding a Honda CRF230L. I wanted more power and something I could travel on. I bought the Husky with plans of making it my do everything bike--street, dual-sport, adventure travel. There's a gal over on Cafe Husky that has a SM610 like mine. She put dirt tires on it and rides it as a dual-sport, and that's the direction I was headed. So I sold my 230L. Well after riding the Husky for a while, I came to realize that it was really too much for me to handle off-road, except on the smoothest of dirt roads. Now keep in mind that I am only 5'4" and 105lbs., so what is a handful for me, is probably not for most riders.

I love riding the Husky on the street and traveling on it. I've done two 700 mile trips, one 1,200 mile trip, and have plans to do more. The power is great, the ride is smooth, and with a Renazco Racing seat, I can ride all day in comfort. But I really missed riding in the dirt too, so that is where the KLX came in. I decided I needed a smaller bike for off-road riding. On paper the KLX is only about 50lbs. lighter than the Husky, but it feels 100lbs. lighter to me. The KLX is far superior to the CRF I had--powerwise and suspension-wise. The KLX suspension is actually better for me than my Husky, but that's because I'm so lightweight. Of course there is no comparison in power between the KLX and Husky. When you crack open the throttle in third gear on the Husky, you'd better hang on! I think it's close to 50hp, where the KLX is more like 18-19hp.

For me, having two bikes is really the best solution. If I could have only one, the KLX might be the better all-arounder for me, but a bigger, stronger rider might be more happy on the Husky. The two bike are definitely not apples to apples, but I think both are great.

If you're interested in my Husky ride report (Oregon trip), it can be found here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597160

Last edited by jckid; 08-04-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:47 PM

jckid

Thanks for the response. I will read your ride report. My thought was that the KLX would be a good do everything bike, I am not as interested in being able to go 100 mph as I once was. I live on the edge of two different national forests and have literally unlimited trails and old roads to ride on, some of which is very rough, ruts, volcanic ash, blow downs so a light weight bike is a must. I really want to do a long trip on the KLX, but have livestock and no one to look after them for me. I got interested in "small bore"
touring after reading some of the ride reports on this site: http://bigdogadventures.com/
This guy is quite an authority on back country touring on small bikes.

Thanks again .. "shinny side up" -- with our kind of riding sometimes there is no shinny side...john

Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

hey mariner76, where did you get that back break guard and that skid plate?
i woudl love to get my hands on that skid plate!!!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thejackcutts
hey mariner76, where did you get that back break guard and that skid plate?
i woudl love to get my hands on that skid plate!!!
hey, i got my skid plate, rear brake guard and also radiator guards from tciproductsusa.com/. Stay away from the radiator guards though cuz they were a pain in the rear to install them and they have a really bad design.

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs