LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 07:21 AM

Play as in being adjustable? If so then yes. Not a bad idea on the rear brake hose clamp. Ill have my guy powder coat it in the off season. Never really paid much mind to the horn until you mentioned it and i looked at the picture. Now its got me thinking about it

Old 08-16-2019, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

i have it tucked on the right hand side tank mount

Old 08-21-2019, 08:50 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Old 08-22-2019, 10:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Good looking bike. What header and pipe do you have on it? Really like the pictures. Looks like an awesome place to ride.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:43 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlkDakDave
Good looking bike. What header and pipe do you have on it? Really like the pictures. Looks like an awesome place to ride.
It's a two brothers full system, but difficult and expensive to import stuff here so when I seen it in the local Facebook group being sold unused I snapped it up. Had to fit the decibel killer. It's very loud, even idling up the street it's loud without it. Trust me if your thinking of getting one... Think long and hard... 😂

Heading out for a ride tomorrow to some unexplored region with some apparently great single trail. Dirtbike riding is not a popular sport here in Vietnam. Only the klx250 and Honda crf250l are available new... Also the 150 versions. You can import bikes, but your looking around double the recommended retail from what I've heard. The klx is my only form of transport so get to ride her every day 😊

Old 08-25-2019, 06:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn nice scenery!

Old 08-30-2019, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MXM
It's a two brothers full system, but difficult and expensive to import stuff here so when I seen it in the local Facebook group being sold unused I snapped it up. Had to fit the decibel killer. It's very loud, even idling up the street it's loud without it. Trust me if your thinking of getting one... Think long and hard... 😂

Heading out for a ride tomorrow to some unexplored region with some apparently great single trail. Dirtbike riding is not a popular sport here in Vietnam. Only the klx250 and Honda crf250l are available new... Also the 150 versions. You can import bikes, but your looking around double the recommended retail from what I've heard. The klx is my only form of transport so get to ride her every day 😊

Not in the market, just curious on what exhaust you were running. I'm happy with my FMF mega bomb header with a PC4 silencer. I can't believe that dirtbike riding is not popular in Vietnam. From the pictures you posted that place looks like it would be awesome to explore. You've got the right bike to keep that spirit of adventure going. Stay Safe!

Old 08-31-2019, 11:53 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlkDakDave
Not in the market, just curious on what exhaust you were running. I'm happy with my FMF mega bomb header with a PC4 silencer. I can't believe that dirtbike riding is not popular in Vietnam. From the pictures you posted that place looks like it would be awesome to explore. You've got the right bike to keep that spirit of adventure going. Stay Safe!
Yeah there's some great places to explore. In the far north is the some of the absolute best riding in the world. Sadly the average Vietnamese person only makes $200-$300 a month so owning and maintaining a dirtbike isn't an option. There's something like 50 million scooters to choose from though haha. I came across this beauty in the mountains last week...

Last edited by MXM; 08-31-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:07 PM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Forgot to mention bikes over 175cc are considered big bikes and also heavily taxed. My klx was 7k USD on road. Not much you can do about it. The Crf250l is around 8.5k USD on road. Something like a KTM450 you would pay 25k for 😱

Few more pics from last ride

Old 08-31-2019, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Seeing that the "rat bike" was air-cooled, that jug in front of the seat must be the fuel tank. Also loved the chains on the rear tire for better traction. I'm sure the huge rebar racks weren't "crash bars" but served a purpose such as transporting somthing.
Knowing the country like you do (and seeing the dudes in full gear) it appears you're doing adventure tours. If you're not- you should be. I know there's a company out of South Africa that does tours in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I'd rather have a local that knows the local flavor and where to find those hidden gems!

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs