LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North
Default KLX in the English Countryside

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz
I should really sign up to the TRF forum, ive been sying that for a while now, maybe after Christmas..... How did the klx hold up on the ride?
So far the KLX has been great on the lanes - 8,500miles mostly on the lanes and not broken it yet {touch wood}. It is fine for the sort of riding we (TRF Rides) do reasonable suspension enough power (just) and not bad on the tarmac inbetween the lanes. They are are no enduro specials but they dont need mollycoddling either ~ 2 KLX or 1 KTM? And you can go out with whichever group you fancy location is not a factor. (But maybe get off the standard Dunlops they struggle a bit when it gets fun)
And as i am going offf topic here is a picture of my KLX getting a wash somewhere near Hawes, North Yorkshire

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-image.jpeg  
Old 12-23-2015, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't know what you have mounted on your right handle bar, but I want one..! (It looks like it's got a telephone pole sticking outta its' top..)

Oh yeah, I'd also like one of those black **** thingys - like you have on your left handle

AND, I'll need one of those extra red switches and that "dial" doo-dad just above the left fork bleed..

Last edited by Klxster; 12-23-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North

Originally Posted by Klxster
I don't know what you have mounted on your right handle bar, but I want one..! (It looks like it's got a telephone pole sticking outta its' top..)

Oh yeah, I'd also like one of those black **** thingys - like you have on your left handle

AND, I'll need one of those extra red switches and that "dial" doo-dad just above the left fork bleed..
Hahaha - I am trying to see how many things I can bolt to my handlebars.
The thing on the right is a sat nav (Garmin Etrex) that is a telegraph pole bolted it in to improve reception - works a treat hardly ever got lost.
The black **** is ram mount, sometimes a mirror is on it and sometimes a GoPro (and sometimes nothing) ~ as we ride on the correct side of the road I usually only have a mirror on the right for road work. (Not sure on US rules but in the UK there is no requirement for mirrors - good idea but not mandatory)
The red switch is an eBay special to switch two little LED spots mounted on the fork legs - it get dark here by 4:30 in winter and helps on the road getting seen plus the standard headlamp is not up to much.
The doo-dah is just a switch for the heated grips but that one fell apart last week so replaced by a fancy one with lots of indicator lights - mini mobile disco.
Not sure what else to bolt on next any ideas more than welcome.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster

Hahaha - I am trying to see how many things I can bolt to my handlebars.
The thing on the right is a sat nav (Garmin Etrex) that is a telegraph pole bolted it in to improve reception - works a treat hardly ever got lost.
The black **** is ram mount, sometimes a mirror is on it and sometimes a GoPro (and sometimes nothing) ~ as we ride on the correct side of the road I usually only have a mirror on the right for road work. (Not sure on US rules but in the UK there is no requirement for mirrors - good idea but not mandatory)
The red switch is an eBay special to switch two little LED spots mounted on the fork legs - it get dark here by 4:30 in winter and helps on the road getting seen plus the standard headlamp is not up to much.
The doo-dah is just a switch for the heated grips but that one fell apart last week so replaced by a fancy one with lots of indicator lights - mini mobile disco.
Not sure what else to bolt on next any ideas more than welcome.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, ok.. I'll start gathering up that stuff - not sure where I can find a telegraph pole around here - they yanked em all up over here bout a hunerd years ago - had sumpin to do with a widgit called a "tellee phone" ..

I spent a week drivin round yer island long ago - you all sure like to scream and yell at Yanks on the road - and all that crazy drivin - actin like yer gonna hit me head on..

P.S. Happy Holidays and Merry Xmas from Texas - Without yall, there is no us/U.S. - Nutin but love for ya..

Last edited by Klxster; 12-24-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Just bought a new camera and this is one of the first pictures I took

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-img_02812546.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-img_0279.jpg  

Last edited by zl PINHEAD lz; 01-03-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Someone needs to post some new pictures. Its in between seasons for me in new York so my bike is in storage and not enough snow for my snowmobile. On a better note motion pro sent me an email last night that my new cables are being shipped

Old 01-13-2016, 02:41 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hockey hauler

Here's a seasonally appropriate photo of my bike.

The hockey stick near the radiator made be nervous though!

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-klx250s-hockey.jpg  
Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Atleastbehandy.... is that how it was being stored or did you really ride to hockey with your bag and stick?

If you rode to play like that, that is amazing. Obviously have a KLX also and always want to ride on the nice days, but never thought it would be possible to ride with my gear and sticks hahah. Impressive.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Amunoz2121
Atleastbehandy.... is that how it was being stored or did you really ride to hockey with your bag and stick?
I rode! The rink was about 16km away (10mi) and included stretch on a 80kph (50mph) highway! My hockey bag is pretty small though, so the gear is jammed-in tight. I think that helped keep everything in place on the highway. A big loose bag might get blown about.

The looks I received in the rink parking lot were priceless!

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs