LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Keeps the bikes out(in), doesn't it...

Old 12-21-2014, 07:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North
Default Jack Leg Fix?

Originally Posted by SirCam
That is one jack leg fix on the gate in that pic
Just learnt saying "jack leg fix" new one to me - guess the farmer did'nt want to spend too much on fettling his gate, or this case spend anything at all.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I did a little mix and match with some plastic yesterday. I like the red and white colour scheme on my Husky, and thought it would be nice to try that on the KLX, since it was already red (and I really wanted a green one). The black and white bike was available for only I year, I think, so I was prepared to order the ($$) front fender and paint the rear one white. Then I found a guy parting out a 2010 KLX. What were the odds it was the black and white one? It was and I scored everything, like new for a little more than the cost of the front fender from the dealer.
Not finished, but I think it looks OK. White fenders, black fork guards. I tried the white lower half rad shroud with the red top, but it just didn't look right without any decals on it.

Name:  IMG_0660_zps01867c9c.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0659_zps6b536ceb.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  49.5 KB

Last edited by zomby woof; 06-29-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
I did a little mix and match with some plastic yesterday. I like the red and white colour scheme on my Husky, and thought it would be nice to try that on the KLX, since it was already red (and I really wanted a green one). The black and white bike was available for only I year, I think, so I was prepared to order the ($$) front fender and paint the rear one white. Then I found a guy parting out a 2010 KLX. What were the odds it was the black and white one? It was and I scored everything, like new for a little more then the cost of the front fender from the dealer.
Not finished, but I think it looks OK. White fenders, black fork guards. I tried the white lower half rad shroud with the red top, but it just didn't look right without any decals on it.
are those the kenda 760s?

Old 12-23-2014, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes they are

Old 12-24-2014, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
Yes they are
how you liking them? i plan on getting them as my next set. what size rear did you go with?

Old 12-24-2014, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

So far not bad. I got them free with another bike I bought last summer, so even though they were not my first choice, I decided to try them. I preferred a 270 rear on my 07 bike, but this 760 has been fine so far on this one. I will probably replace the front with a leftover front off my MX bike when it needs it, but even though I have heard not so good things about the 760 front, I'm happy with it. If I had to buy a tire, I would buy either one again.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hounderd
how you liking them? i plan on getting them as my next set. what size rear did you go with?
They have been my go-to tire for over a year. For the type of terrain and pavement sections I encounter it's hard to beat them. I actually get good feedback from the front-some folks experiences are not as good. I run the 110/100-18 on the rear and it seems to be the best fit for me.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Default 2009 KLX351s

Here's a shot of mine. I really like this machine. If you need your suspension set up so you can ride her like a real MX or serious enduro/trail bike contact Cal Northrop at Full Travel Innovations in Thomasville, NC (ftiracing.com). He is awesome! Same goes for head porting & valve work, if you want the best send it to Lindsay Machine Racing in Utah. Both of these shops will treat you right. Mine now dynos at 32HP (started at 17) and lands doubles nice and smoothly w/o hitting the bottom. The front end stands straight up with just a blip of the throttle and I'm nearly 240lbs. She feels like a 400 w/ the pumper carb & geared low like I have it. I can't say enough good stuff about this (heavily modified) KLX. Spend the money, it will change your life. Happy Trails!

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-image.jpg  
Old 12-29-2014, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Leaving us hanging...
32hp.
We need the details.
That's a mean looking KLX!

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs