LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Default My New to me 2009 KLX 250sf

Hello guys. I've been hanging around for a few weeks and have finally got pics of my new to me KLX. I'm learning how to ride it off road because off road I AM A NOOB. These are pics of the day I brought it home and what she looks like now. Well, now she sits in the garage dirty as hell.

2009 KLX 250sf Photos by KawikaKekoa | Photobucket

Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North

Dirty KLK - just what they are for. Wash once in a while, cover it in oily stuff then mud - enjoy.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 06-13-2013, 08:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North
Default The other UK KLX

I new there must be another one in England.

Have you done the clutch switch mod ~ if not you will be surprised how much better things are (try an overtake on the A65 before and after!). 13 tooth front sprocket helps if you are getting out on the lanes.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by willb
I new there must be another one in England.

Have you done the clutch switch mod ~ if not you will be surprised how much better things are (try an overtake on the A65 before and after!). 13 tooth front sprocket helps if you are getting out on the lanes.
I've not done the clutch mod I here both good and bad reviews so don't want to risk anything, I'm happy with the way it rides atm...
I still have a fmf powercore 4 to be installed so that may improve things.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz
I've not done the clutch mod I here both good and bad reviews so don't want to risk anything, I'm happy with the way it rides atm...
I still have a fmf powercore 4 to be installed so that may improve things.
The mod just restores the bike back to it's very underpowered normal performance setting before the euro3 emission guys got their hands on the ecu.

This bike has a bullet proof klx300 bottom end & a under-tuned tough as nails time proven topend. With the clutch mod you still have a 10,500 rev-limiter & the ignition timing still retards away annoyingly after 9.000rpm!! The carb guys on here can buy cdi units that eliminate this bs....we with efi & ecu's alas cannot.....Ignition timing is our 2nd biggest enemy for any real performance on the efi klx

Plz tell me the BAD about doing the clutch mod?

ps. Hello fellow British dudes...I used to live in England

Old 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoelThailand

Plz tell me the BAD about doing the clutch mod?
I heard that the ECU has overheated etc not something I'd want to risk after spending nearly £4k for the bike. It may not necessarily be true so I think I'll just keep her as she is atm.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Efi clutch mod

For what its worth carried out the 4 pence 5 minute clutch mod 18 months ago / 3500 miles ago. Not had any problems but can now overtake without running out of revs. Generally run at lower road speeds as i try and mostly green lane (often speeds if zero as i pick myself up or try and read maps). Tarmac work is just to get to and from.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz
I heard that the ECU has overheated etc not something I'd want to risk after spending nearly £4k for the bike. It may not necessarily be true so I think I'll just keep her as she is atm.
With respect an over-heated ecu would cost 46 quid to replace not 4k.

To try & reassure you of it's reliability: My bike has had the clutch mod for nearly 2 years with no problems. 3 riding buddies have had the mod for over 1.5 years. The KLX(s) & the D-Tracker(sf) are made in Thailand & on the roads in numbers you wouldn't believe here.......Thousands of bikes have the clutch mod.

This will make you laugh..... a couple of months ago, Kawasaki was fitting a new aftermarket rear spring on my bike & they lent me the D-Tracker (sf) test ride bike for the day until the job was done & I kid you not....the Kawasaki mechanics had fitted the clutch mod to the bike below. It's one of the first klx's made here, about 3.5 years old with nearly 50,000km on the clock......it's been abused by 100's of customers & employees!!!!
The salesman recommend this mod when you buy a new bike from the dealership!! Hows that for a compelling pro argument

Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoelThailand
This will make you laugh..... a couple of months ago, Kawasaki was fitting a new aftermarket rear spring on my bike & they lent me the D-Tracker (sf) test ride bike for the day until the job was done & I kid you not....the Kawasaki mechanics had fitted the clutch mod to the bike below. It's one of the first klx's made here, about 3.5 years old with nearly 50,000km on the clock......it's been abused by 100's of customers & employees!!!!
The salesman recommend this mod when you buy a new bike from the dealership!! Hows that for a compelling pro argument
That Is quite a compelling argument, think I might have a further look into that
Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs