Let's hear from the HELMET CAM users!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Let's hear from the HELMET CAM users!

Bonafide, your street ride sounds "mean" and I like the instrument cluster, what bike is it...I like.

The video seemed good enough for me.... just gotta work on the sound a little. I don't want to have to re-read this whole thread which one did you get for Christmas and price?

Oh yeah, you got some great roads to ride up there in GA....very nice...ya like to go fast don't ya.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

+1 great vid, bonafide

Old 12-31-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bonafide Wrote:
I finally got around to messing with my xmas gift. hey - between family being here, 9 puppies (5 weeks old now), and it's been actually raining in GA ... I havent had the chance. This was my first and only (so far) at trying it out. I didnt take the KLX - but opted for one of my road bikes. The sound is crappy - i know - still learning this stuff.
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/sundancesvo/?action=view¤t=bonnie122907.flv
Hey Bonafide, Looked good to me. Thanks for posting the shots on the site for us.

MotoComm DSR-100 Motorcycle Helmet/Bike Camera & Digital Recorder

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

List Price
$359.99

You Save:
$60.00

Your Price:
$299.99

[/align]

Quantity:
[/align]

[/align]

[/align]
[*]ShortDescription

Click on a thumbnail:[/align]

[/align][/ul][/align]

The MotoComm Motorcycle Helmet Camera & Digital Recorder is the most complete helmet camera and recording system available. The DSR-100 comes with everything required to start making videos of your next ride! Even records sound!

DOWNLOADS: (PDF)

Parts & Accessories
User Manual [/ul][/align][/align]

[/align][/align]Complete Helmet Camera and Digital Recording System: [/align]
[ul][*]Record your Ride – Video & Audio![*]Listen to Music – Built-In MP3 Player[*]Use as Active Rearview Camera System[*]Take Digital Still Pictures [/ul][/align]Weatherproof Bullet-Style Camera:
[ul][*]Universal Helmet/Bike Mount Included[*]Rugged Aluminum Housing[*]Weatherproof Connector [/ul]Digital Recorder/Playback Unit with Color Display:
[ul][*]Records Video and Audio from Camera and Remote-Mount Microphone[*]Uses Standard Compression and File Formats[*]Saves Video in Internet Standard 320x240 at 30 Frames per Second Resolution[*]128MB On-Board Memory[*]Accepts SD Cards (1GB SD Card = 4 Hours of Video/Audio Recording)[*]Color LCD and Built-In Speaker for On-The-Go Playback, or Rearview Camera Monitor[*]Built-In MP3 Player - Helmet Speakers Included![*]USB Connector for Transfer of Video/Audio Files to Computer[*]Analog RCA Video/Audio Output for Playback of Videos Direct to TV[*]Captures Digital Still Pictures from Helmet Camera[*]All Cables and Accessories Included in Convenient Carrying Case[*]Please call MotoComm at 1-877-624-6869 with any product questions. [/ul]
I've posted the comments from the website above. How are the speakers that are included? Do you have any recorded music and if so, are you able to play the music while the photo recording is in use??

Thanks again for getting the pics in & onto the forum so fast.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Thanks guys - and Rod posted (above)all the info on my set up. It's the motocomm DSR-100.

FM - I was on my Triumph Bonneville in that video and yes,I really dig the roads here in North GA. Me and some friends had a roadbike ride planned for this coming weekend. Maybe I'll have figured out a bit more and get some better video.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Video was good, Bonafide, I think maybe just tuck the microphone somewhere out of the wind. If you have a tail bag or something, that might work.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Nobrakes - I had a tank bag, and put everything inside it except the mic. I left it hanging out on the backside - thinking it would be out of any kind of windstream. I was obviously wrong. - of course, everything is small enough that I could have just put it in my jacket pocket.

I'll give a try placing the mic in several locations and see what sounds best. I dont think I'm going to be able to get past the distortion of the exhaust. The db's are just too much for it handle - but maybe with some more foam and tucking it under the seat in a natural void there ... we'll see. I think things will get better the more I use it and figure out what I'm doin.