Let's hear from the HELMET CAM users!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Let's hear from the HELMET CAM users!

I'd like to show friends, family, buddies and especially my wheel-chair-bound wife where we go for those trail rides. She may be thinking that I use my KLX250s to get to the bars ((or Brothels)).

So, the only way that I think this can be done is with a helmet-cam system.

I understand that I'll need a recorder, camera, speakers, microphone, and a power source for the system. Can I get some guidance from the guys or gals (KC) who have already done it. What kind of money should I expect to pay for a relatively good system?

Thanks for the help on this one...[sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 12-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Let's hear from the HELMET CAM users!

I don't have one myself, but I've been thinking about one for a while. Seems I just haven't been able to bring myself to fork over the $$. But I've asked around and I've heard the Hoyt stuff is good.

http://www.hoyttech.com/

If super high quality wasn't paramount, I'd get one that records directly to flash for the convenience of transfer to the computer. Something like this probably:

http://www.hoyttech.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=315

Old 12-26-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

There goes Brian (Nobrakes) again having us spending buku bucks! Damn I wish I had his money! I just use my old Sony camcorder with a handlebar rubber mount, nothing fancy and when you hit the ruts and bumps it looks more awesome in the video.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

There goes Brian (Nobrakes) again having us spending buku bucks! Damn I wish I had his money! I just use my old Sony camcorder with a handlebar rubber mount, nothing fancy and when you hit the ruts and bumps it looks more awesome in the video.
Ha ha, I wish I had the money you think I have.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lol, supposed to have sweat and mud on your collar not the other!

Camera stuff, not sure either.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
If super high quality wasn't paramount, I'd get one that records directly to flash for the convenience of transfer to the computer. Something like this probably:

Holy Crap... $569...for low res!!! I gotta go with klx rider on this one Brian.....are you hiring. lol I'll just duct tape my camera to my helmet and put it in video mode.....any cheaper options out there..... like $100 give or take.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Holy Crap... $569...for low res!!! I gotta go with klx rider on this one Brian.....are you hiring. lol I'll just duct tape my camera to my helmet and put it in video mode.....any cheaper options out there..... like $100 give or take.
As I said, I haven't been able to bring myself to fork over the dough either. But note that includes the camera as well as the recorder. Most helmet cams are in the $300'ish range but only include the camera and some cabling. You then use a regular video cam that takes external inputs to record. Then transfer of tapes to computer for editing. Some video cams take a Lanc cable input - that's what you want since it allows you to tuck the camera part safely in a back pack but work the controls from a simple cable control that you can tuck in a pocket or something.

Unfortunately, my Panasonic PV-DV953D is a little big for mounting on the bars so that's why I was looking at a complete solution including the recorder. If you already have a Lanc compatible DV cam, you can adapt a helmet-cam setup pretty easily.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Darn you Mullet! I keep wanting to brush the bug off my screen! What is that some kinda sand flee? [:@]

Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 AM
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: tremor38

Darn you Mullet! I keep wanting to brush the bug off my screen! What is that some kinda sand flee? [:@]
No kidding....... my cat keeps attacking the screen, and i itch all over.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Guys,

My Mate bought one of these, had a look the other day and while it's not the best it certainly does the job, he got if of E-Bay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WIRELESS-HELM...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
Chris.

Quick Reply: Let's hear from the HELMET CAM users!