Legal KLX-er

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Legal KLX-er

Hey guys, just got back from taking my road test on my KLX250S and now I'm a legal road rider ! The instructor said she was very impressed with the way I handled the bike and that I was the first EVER 100 she has ever given. And to top it all off the first test of the day she said started her off on the wrong foot. The girl going for her DJ just absolutely could not drive and failed almost immediately, the next stop sign she had accumulated enough points that she was told she failed and as soon as they got back to the start of the test the girl was on her cell scheduling another road test. Needless to say the instructor looked at her and point blank said, "If on the day of your test, I'm the person grading you, you will fail then too!" After hearing about that I was surprised as hell how cordial she was. When it was time to do the circles and 8's she said go up by the school and pull over anywhere, which I took literally and pulled into the school parking lot. She got out of the car and was laughing at me and said no, unfortunately you can't do those in the parking lot. Anyway, relatively pointless post but had to tell somebody.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Legal KLX-er

congrats.i just took my road test a couple of weeks ago myself.all i had to do was 4 simple tests in the parking lot of the dmv,no circles or figure 8's.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats, Byant. Did you take a MSR course? If not you should look into one. When I was in The Air Force, they made me take one to ride on base. They gave me off for a whole week to attend! A local Honda dealer had donated a bunch of Nighthawk 250's to tear up. It was great, I learned a lot from that course. Hmmm, it's been a while maybe I should hook up with Marty for a refresher.

Old 06-22-2006, 09:19 AM

Another congrats from me

I have to agree on the MSR course. I too am in the Air Force (well, full-time Guard) and had to take the MSR course. I did it last week at Pearl Harbor with my new KLX250S and got the highest road score.

The MSR course is great and learned some stuff

Old 06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
1st Gear Member

The safety course was my original intentions but they were booked solid till the end of this month which coincidently is the same time all of my student loans entered repayment so I just didnt have the $275 to cough up for the 3 day course. I'll take it if I can scrounge up the cash. I could use my credit card but I already have farrrrrrrr to much on there as it is. I watched the video they have showing a summary of what it is about and it doesn't seem like there is anything outstanding in the riding portion, however the bookwork part seems like it would be very beneficial. But then again what can they really show in 5 minutes.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats Bryant, well done. Let me add to those who said when you can do a course mate, you will appreciate it for the rest of your life. Oh ... and practise anything you learn, practise till it's automatic, one day it may save your life.

again congrats

Garry

Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I just passed my license test recently also. I used the klx... I had to do 8's in a big painted square on the ground, and when i was done he said i was cutting my self short, that i was doing the 8's in have the space given...lol... then when i was all done he said to me "you could make some money on that bike" i said " what do you mean". he told me to rent it out for people to take thier test on.... haha

Old 06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

A word to the wise. As some of you know I first got my endorsement in 1982 (insert old joke here) Well about 5 or 6 years ago I thought I would never have another bike as I sold my Yamaha 750 special when my son was born......wait that's been 8 years ago already, wow time goes by fast. Anyway my point is don't ever let the endorsement go. Before you know it your 40 and buying a new bike and waiting for the DMV lady to schedule a test and then she never calls you and you have to drive 60 miles to take the test, and..........oh sorry I'll go quietly now.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, the endorsements expire in your state Deej. As far as I know the Florida endorsement never expires. Correct me if I'm wrong Marty or Stiffler.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

No the endorsement doesn't expire, I decided to drop it off as an option on my license, my choice and stupid. I didn't want to pay the extra $20 for 4 years. Hmmmm $5.00 a year, yea it seems even dumber when you break it down like that.[&:]

Quick Reply: Legal KLX-er