led tail light / direct fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default led tail light / direct fit

I know this has been posted a while back, but anyone looking for a led tail light bulb this one works. It plugs directley into the stock bulb plug and uses the stock lens. http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Bran..._taillight.htm

Old 04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: led tail light / direct fit

yeah, I have that indexed on my "things to get list".. I love the strobe concept. I do it manually today as much as possible with the hand break lever... Can't ever be TOO VISIBLE I'm thinking....

Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that's a GREAT tailight. I have it and really like it. It's made for the KLR650, but fits in our taillight with one slight caveat: you have to turn the unit upside down and gently squeeze the mounting tabs to get it to fit. 5 minute easy installation with only a philips screwdriver.

I'm in the process of re-doing my taillight with the Acerbis Dual-Sport Tail light / License plate holder, but I don't want to give up the LED flasher, so I'm blazing a new trail here. Based on some photos that Thunderchild posted (Thanks again TC!), it looked like it would work, so I found a cheap Acerbis tail light on eBay. Its going well, butneeds more than a Philips screwdriver to install. I'm going slow and trying not to burn any bridges behind in case I want to go back to the stock tail light, but I think its going to work. I'll post the whole photo essay when I'm done.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

So if I get this straight it works in the stock light, but nobody has tried it in the Acerbis Dual Sport Tail Light a lot of us have switched to? Come on who's going to be brave enough to buy it? Hey maybe if someone has already bought the thing and knows someone who has the Acerbis light they could perhaps try it out? Anyone?

Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmar

I know this has been posted a while back, but anyone looking for a led tail light bulb this one works. It plugs directley into the stock bulb plug and uses the stock lens. http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Bran..._taillight.htm
ITEM # DESCRIPTION RETAIL QTY
36-20500-000 KLR 650 LED TAIL LIGHT $84.95 KIT

I've had one of these on order for a long time now. ( 3-4 months )I talked to them a few days ago and there's still not in stock.
________
Web shows

Last edited by Silver_Otter; 09-18-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

So if I get this straight it works in the stock light, but nobody has tried it in the Acerbis Dual Sport Tail Light a lot of us have switched to? Come on who's going to be brave enough to buy it? Hey maybe if someone has already bought the thing and knows someone who has the Acerbis light they could perhaps try it out? Anyone?
Deej, I think this might be another case of "posted before reading the other replies". Did you see the post from YYY.guy immediately preceeding your post? It looks like he is on it.

I am also interested in this mod, even though I don't see myself dropping 80-something bucks on a taillight. The problem with this taillight is that you never see them available on Ebay, or at least I haven't come across one yet.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

ORIGINAL: deej

Deej, I think this might be another case of "posted before reading the other replies". Did you see the post from YYY.guy immediately preceeding your post? It looks like he is on it.

I am also interested in this mod, even though I don't see myself dropping 80-something bucks on a taillight. The problem with this taillight is that you never see them available on Ebay, or at least I haven't come across one yet.

DOH!!! Deej lets his laziness shine again. But in my defense I was out of town for 5 days in Vancouver and was too tired last night after a long 7 hour drive back home to read all of the posts.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep, I'm on it.

Looks like it will work out pretty well, too, but it may need additional lights for the license plate, since the stock Acerbis used the single bulb for both jobs, and the LED unit isonly red. I've been away for a couple days also, but have some pics already and hope to get more done this weekend.

It took forever when I ordered my LED unit directly from Brake!, and neither e-mails nor phone calls were answered. It was VERY frustrating, but eventually it did show up. It IS a quality product, just don't get your hopes up that it will be in your hands anytime soon.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:51 AM
1st Gear Member

This is the LED tail light I want [8D]

yes it's the KLX450

Old 04-14-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Where does the plate go?[8D]

Quick Reply: led tail light / direct fit