Latest on my bike....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Latest on my bike....

Hey, Eric. Now that it's all fixed, maybe you could coax the dealer into letting you have your old cylinder back. Once it's been inspected, they'll just scrap it anyway. From there, well, you know what to do. And you can have all the work done while you are still riding your bike.
Just a thought, but hey. If anyone deserves a head start on a big-bore job, it's you.

Regardless, I'm sure glad you have your bike back in good working order. Now you can just breathe deeply and enjoy your bike.

I hope that's exactly what you get to do.

Bill

Old 07-09-2007, 04:42 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't think the cylinder was replaced.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Nope i didnt get a new cylinder.... thanks guys, im really glad to have it back and not be noisy..... i took it for a nice long ride yesterday, its great, but i still have to fool with the a/f mixture.... i took the airbox lid off and now its bogging on the low end..... mmmm.......

Old 07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Good to hear it's finally fixed right!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear you got it back Eric, and like Deej said hope it hasn't put you off Kawis. Your dealer and mechanic are idiots and have cost Kawasaki money and you lots of heartache and riding time, I hope you follow it up with Kawasaki and point it out to them.
Cheers

Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I don't think the cylinder was replaced.
Oops! I should have read the post more carefully. At least it works now. I think we should all have a moment of "silence" to honor the occasion.

Bill

Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks alot guys... if there is anybody that can appreciate what i have been through its you guys..... this site is great. Ive only lost half of this years riding.....[:@].... but i will be tearing it up the rest of the year.... gotta make up lost time.

I dont want this to turn me away from green either......i love the bike, just not the problems.... and from what i hear kawis are great bikes... just not mine i guess... hopefully i get more lucky next time.... id really like a klr650... but as of now i still bleed green... dont think that will change.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

glad to hear it's all settled now. enjoy!![8D]

Old 07-10-2007, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

ur bike is aight its just the half witted wanna be machincs ;-)

Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

So just to post mortem a little bit, you have had that knocking sound for a long time if I recall. Even back before the Florida TdA-II trip in January is that right? I'm thinking it was well even before that. So do you think it was the cam chain even way back then? I know they replaced that split gear when they said one of the springs on it was broken or not working right or something and that was supposedly was was causing the sound. But I remember you saying that didn't fix it.

What about the bent valve(s)? I'm wondering if that wasn't caused by either the chain being so loose or twisted that it caused it to skip a tooth and messed up the timing slightly and caused some valve interference with the piston and that's where the bent valve came from.

So was all of that rooted to the cam chain do you think? And if so, I wonder how that chain got that way to begin with? They just don't stretch out that soon or twist up like that on their own. Could it be that the original noise was indeed the gear, but when the dealer put it back together they bungled the cam chain and while they fixed one problem they caused another? Not really trying to place blame or anything, what's done is done. But just trying to figure it out and get to the bottom of the cause(s).

Quick Reply: Latest on my bike....