Latest on my bike....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Latest on my bike....

Ok guys, after the last time i talked about it..... i just got it back and it still sounded bad, thats when i called kawi and talked to them and they said i had to take it back to the same shop... well i just wanted it fixed and now, so i took it back to the same shop... i know, i know, and told him something wasnt right STILL.... and to call kawi, because he has no idea whats wrong, but i also mentioned to him that the cam chain tensioner was out all the way, and i dont think it should be, and he argued with me saying its supposed to be out all the way..... yea right.... so i let it go. I called kawi the next time they were open and asked them if its supposed to be out all the way, and guess what its not!!!! imagine that.... im not an idiot, and obviously have more mechanical ability that the stupid "mechanic" So i call back and talk to the service manager and tell him this whole thing, and tell him to tell the mechanic to tell kawi that the tensioner is out all the way when he calls. So i give it a few days, call back and see whats going on.... he says kawi ok'ed him to tear it apart again..... so he tears it apart, so i call back a few days ago and he says that they are replacing the timing chain..... that when you pull it to measure it, it was "within spec" but if you hold it vertical and turn it sideways its supposed to stay straight, well mine bent like a half moon.... so it was just worn out...... OMFG, i told him that the timing chain was bad in november last year, and he said that gear on the lower end that got replaced probably wore out the timing chain. If he would have just listened to me it would have been fixed a long time ago....So he calls yesterday and says its done, and i asked if its quiet..... he said yea, i will believe it when i hear it..... So the wife takes me to go get it we get there and go out back and start it up... and it sounds great, just the way its supposed to..... imagine that..... WTF stupid "mechanic" (use that term loosly) So now i have my bike back and hopefully its for good, and it sounds and runs great. So my bike has new- cam chain tensioner, timing chain, head, intake valves, exhaust cam, that gear in the lower of the motor...... i think thats it..... thats all the parts that have ever been replaced, and im sure theres a few more little ones..... So it was the timing chain this whole time...... just like i thaught, and just like i told him...... maybe i should go work at the dealer....[:@][:@]

Old 07-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Default RE: Latest on my bike....

Eric,
I feel your pain. I'm a auto tech and I work on quita few of other peoples mistakes due to lack of knowledge, (cars today aren't quit as simple anymore). I hate it because it gives everyone a sense of distrust and I feel like I have to "prove" that I'm a quality, honest person to everyone, which is ok, bc I am. But, it's just irratating. Anyhow, glad to hear your bike is quiet. I do remember it being pretty noisey the time I heard it. Congrats!!

Old 07-08-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Its about time they fix it correctly. Next time something goes wrong, take it to someone else.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

all they had to do is pull the dam valve cover off and see if the chain has slop in it I don't get these people [:@]the sound I heard on your video sounded like a cam chain to me...... I have worked on bikes years ago in the early 80's I saw a Honda 650 four cam chain saw wright through the front of the cylinder that is how people just don't carehope they get you fixed up

Old 07-08-2007, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
So the wife takes me to go get it we get there and go out back and start it up... and it sounds great,[:@][:@]

It "sounds great"????

Oh hell, after all that and it's still f***ed up.

Mine runs good but it sounds worse then my neighbor's diesel Rabbit.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Bad Bear, you're hired!

Glad you got your bike back Eric and all's well. Finally. After you had to do the mechanics job for him. And after he begrudgingly listened. Six months later. And only after you had to call Kawasaki yourself. And you haven't been able to ride your bike since May.

Now don't ever ever ever ever ever go back there again.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad you got your bike back in working order [sm=happybounce.gif], the dealer sounds like a real tool I wonder if you can report him to Kawasaki ?

Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Its about stinking time, I think you should still draft a very descriptive, detailed letter to Kawi, and if, and I say a big if you ever have to take the bike back to any dealer, show the owner and the mechanic that letter just to show them what not to do, and also that you will not stand for incompetence or anything close to it. Then make them sign it.

Name:  tonysign.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  16.7 KB

If they are not willing to help you, then you probably dodged another bullet anyway. Glad you got it back, I hope you are not poisoned against Kawasaki for all of this negative garbage that you have had to endure, just remember Kawi did what they were supposed to do, the weak link in the chain, (no pun intended) is the mechanic and worse yet the dealer for probably hiring his brother-in-law or some crack addict.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Sooo..... Lets go back to when this all started. Before any parts needed to be replaced, a long time ago in a far off place,. All he needed to do in the 1st place was to replace the cam chain, thats it, OH that would **** me off sooooo bad..

Old 07-08-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad to see your up and running again, I spose a possitive on all of this is the new internals you got replaced, almost a new motor
cheers hatto

Quick Reply: Latest on my bike....