Latest mods Fender breather and Tank mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: Latest mods Fender breather and Tank mod

Will post details later for now I am feeling a little messed up with the ribs and hip. There is some swelling and bruising but it hurts more than it looks. No no cars involved, the latest is My insurance wants to total it becuase of the sub-frame.They did not call me today maybe tommorow. I will let you guys know asap.

Thanks to all for being concerned about my health. It is like a big family, thanks.

Finger are you going to make it to the scrub???

Old 02-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Jelly, check your pms. I have some parts that may help if you need them and insurance doesn't cover.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Hey Jelly, check your pms. I have some parts that may help if you need them and insurance doesn't cover.
Will do, thanks.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Im sure alot of us have a box full of stock parts that we would be willing to part with to help out a fellow klxer get back on the seat!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Alright, it's been a few days since I showed the true depths of my ignorance, so here goes. What exactly does it mean to "high side"? Every is using that term, but I don't have a clue what it means. From context clues, it sounds like an accidental wheelie or something. Or maybe falling off a trail downhill. Am I close on either of these?

Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

High side is where the bike slides and suddenly catches and pitches you over the higher side, ie left turn slide, rear catches, and pitches you over the right side.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Alright, it's been a few days since I showed the true depths of my ignorance, so here goes. What exactly does it mean to "high side"? Every is using that term, but I don't have a clue what it means. From context clues, it sounds like an accidental wheelie or something. Or maybe falling off a trail downhill. Am I close on either of these?
Just imagine being leaned into a turn and having the rear-tire break traction, but, instead of the bike just laying down and sliding on its side, the rear tire suddenly catchesagain and the momentum from the slide slams the bike down on the opposite side. Bad juju! I broke a shoulder blade that way.

I hope you bounce back quickly Jellyfish.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:21 PM

Aahhaa! I almost did that just yesterday as I was beginning my little single track adventure. I did not know that it had a name.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Great mods Jellyfish..! I hope for you to be well real soon man , don't wory about the subframe i had the same expirience with mine , but i fix it by my own , one friend and a piece of hard wood and it came straight. Again don't wory and first is your health as for the bike , its only mettal it will be fixed !

Old 02-24-2007, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jellyfish
Finger are you going to make it to the scrub???
You bet....I must of just missed you guys......again....do ya still ride with Sully? BTW get well fast!

Quick Reply: Latest mods Fender breather and Tank mod