Latest mods Fender breather and Tank mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Default RE: Latest mods Fender breather and Tank mod

One thing to consider that might help you turn some lemons into lemonade. I am sure this varies from state to state, but I am pretty sure in NC that if your vehicle is totalled, you can offer to buy the salvage title from the insurance company and dispose of the vehicle yourself. They don't have to accept, but I am told that they commonly do because they basically just have to pay to dispose of it or something. Anyway, if they total your bike you might consider looking into this and then parting out the undamaged pieces.

There are a lot of "ifs" in there, but just thought I would give you another option to consider.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Aftermarket headlight, trailtech vapor, acerbis tank, mx style rear fender, new bars..........................sounds like a relatively good fix to me, that'd take care of the tank, all the plastic, speedo, and don't use the subframe for the mx fender................just a thought.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Geeze Jellyfish.... I'm glad you’re pretty much OK.... Hope the ribs are just bruised [:@]

When you feel up to it, anything you can share that we can, as a group, learn from yourexperience in helping to avoid such a thing would be great...

Most importantly, feel better man..

Old 02-22-2007, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Jellyfish, glad to hear that you're sturdy enough to talk about how sturdy the bike is!!!

Sounds like you'll recover, and as far as your bike is concerned ... look at the bright side:any mods that you have to do again should be a breeze the second time around!

Hopethe healing (both you and the bike)goes well!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=smiley18.gif] Tell us more if/when you want to. Dirt, street, any other vehicles involved? I'm real sorry to see your bike looking like that, but I'm so glad that, on the whole, you're doing OK.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to see your bike busted up so bad. Looks like you had a guardian angle looking after you to walk away pretty much unhurt. Did you high side in the dirt or the pavement?

Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 AM

Motorcycle wrecks suck! Glad to see you are alright. Hope you were wearing your protective gear. How do you high-side a 20 HP motorcycle? Sounds painful. That is how I totaled my 04 zx10r. I got on the gas too early and the rear end just let go then grabbed hold! What a ride (flight) for a split second I thought I was Nicky Hayden (sliding the rear end around a corner) then I got over it real quick!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Jelly, heal fast and get back out riding....... but slow down, just a little I'm still looking forward to running into you guys at the scrub...... I think.

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R
How do you high-side a 20 HP motorcycle?
Well I've never met nutzky but his reputation precedes him, I ride with some ex mx'ers that go way fast......jelly has a rep of passing riders like them.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Those pictures were not what I was expecting to see. Hope the healing process is a fastone.

Quick Reply: Latest mods Fender breather and Tank mod