Last few days with the KLX!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Last few days with the KLX!

I plan to put my bike down in the basement on the battery tender on Saturday. I need to figure out what mods I want to do on it over the winter.

I didn't get to ride it nearly as much as I'd hoped to this summer with my work schedule but I definitely got a few good trips out of it. Anybody else put theirs up yet? (Those of us unfortunate enough to live in the North!)

Old 11-10-2010, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

When I first read your thread title, I thought "Oh no, not another one getting sold off". Just getting tucked in for winter. Mine is still insured for another week. The snow is getting closer to valley bottom, halfway down the mountain this morning. Might get out for another brief ride or two. Forecast weather not great: low overnight 0 celcius, high 6. I'll try to avoid "wasting" any insured days by puttin it up earlier than I have to.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I never put mine up. If the roads are clear and ice free I'll have the bike out. I'm also a little further north too.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Rode mine to work today. +14C, beautiful, but the bad weather is supposed to close in tomorrow evening. It might be the end of this warm stuff.

I'm like Klx relic, I leave the insurance on all the time. I was out riding last January when the roads were clear. -15C but still nice to get out mid winter.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

i though he was selling the bike too. little scared for a sec. im a year around daily rider, but (hopefully) it wont be that soon, want to have my honda running by new years. its starting to rain here in so cal, and i wont want to have to deal with that again this year.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you're just putting it up for the winter and not retiring it AC. Interesting reading the posts from Canadian members about insurance running out. Here in the state of Maryland we have to run insurance year round as long as we have plates on the vehicle. My insurance company won't sell anything less than a full year insurance policy on a motorcycle.

I haven't been riding much due to weather but plan on commuting to work on the KLX tomorrow regardless of the temps.

M

Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Man, you guys in Canada are tougher than I am. Here in Montana it has been 25 degrees out and raining in the morning so I have parked the bike. Not to mention it is now dark when I go to work and dark when I get off.

I don't fully winterize it though, so sometimes in the middle of winter, we might get a nice day and I will take it out for a spin. I still see a couple of die hards out there though.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Winters the best time to be riding here........ Not so damn hot.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilapples
Winters the best time to be riding here........ Not so damn hot.
Ditto

Old 11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxrelic
I never put mine up. If the roads are clear and ice free I'll have the bike out. I'm also a little further north too.
+ 100%! An idle bike is a sad thing.

Quick Reply: Last few days with the KLX!