laid my bike down in front of the liscence bureau today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Speaking of crazy stories, anyone remember this from 07? LOL

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...king-up-11399/

Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

The little girl next door let me ride her minibike one day and I crashed it and broke my foot with an audience. It was a KTM 65 screamer and when 4th gear hit the powerband it spit me off. Craziest little bike I ever rode.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I've never crashed on the street in the 15 years that I've had my endorsement but in the dirt, well, yes. You aren't riding hard enough if you don't crash from time to time.

My most memorable was in Capitol Forest here in Olympia WA. It is a clay area and there are some enduro races when the clay is still wet. They have these bridges with no railings, just logs layed perpendicular to the trail. Some maybe 30 feet long. Well they get coated with the grease like clay and become very dangerous. I was riding 4 stroke amateur and it was a 107 mile course. I was tired. The bike got sideways on the greased plank bridge and off I went into the raveen. A nice fellow stopped and helped me drag my bike back up onto the trail.

Another memorable one was when the bee flew into my helmet and got into the space between my ear and the helmet padding. BUZZZZZZZ. Brake hard, jump off the bike and pitch helmet into the woods beside trail. No sting.

We all crash. My most common one is in the berms on corners where you either ride up over the berm by leaning not hard enough or wash out by leaning too hard. Happens most when tired but generally slow speeds so no injury.

I think off road riding on slippery stuff like clay, gravel, and sand makes you more able to prevent crashes on the road when encountering slick spots or road obstacles.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I've had two bee experiences. First was on road, a bee got between my thigh and fuel tank and dug it's stinger into my thigh just as I entered a tight s-bend curve. I had to take the stinger for several seconds while I negotiated the right and left turn while decellerating as fast as I could, before I could swat it off.

Second time was while riding the KLX with a dirt helmet and goggles. Briefly saw a yellowish object in the air before feeling a smack on my forehead above the eyebrow. Pulled over and looked in the mirror and saw a stunned, squirming wasp in the gap between the top of the goggle and the helmet, against my forehead. I was able to tilt my head foreward, and pull the goggles and shake the thing off without getting stung, luckily.

Last edited by sanpedro; 03-25-2011 at 07:29 PM.