THE LACKAWANNA TRAIN TRACK RIDE

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: THE LACKAWANNA TRAIN TRACK RIDE

terrain looks familiar! thats basically what the riding is about an hour north of where you guys where altho their is alot of mountain trails up here also.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 PM

I had a great time riding with u guy,s that,s what it,s all about,looking forward to the weekend ride I,m afraid I was the only one who got pulled off my bike by awild piece of brush near the trail .nice pic,s Pete.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM

I sent my reply to the wrong guy but will get it right next time greaaat pic,s and a good ride.Pete.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Let me know what the score is for the weekend I have to sort out what to do with the dog and how long u intend to stay I might take him with me .P

Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

We would love to join you on your trails sometime.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 PM

Truckman, I might be interested in camping out this weekend. Is there a campground where you're going, what kind of trails, etc.?
I don't want to intrude, but sure would like to get out and see more of the area, and get some miles on the green thing.

Thanks,
Ryan (Tumbleweed)

Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I wasn't planning on actually staying at the campground (in White Haven near you) but i was going to camp in Eckley on the other side of the mountain.The trails are alot of coal haul road and some easy to moderate single and double track.I could basically get us from the out past Hazleton and into Macadoo or even into Ashland which would be 120 miles out and back all offroad with only a few road crossings.I'll be heading up on saturday morning and I could even meet you at the gas station at 940 and I81 just below where 437 comes in from Mt. Top.My daughter will be with me so i'm really limited as to the riding but i have a few other buddies coming with their atv's and they know the area well so the riding will be excellent either way.The camping area will be free as the campground has had some issues with offroad vehicles and some local landowners....my company i work for is one of them....but i have permission to be there so i eliminated that issue my contacting the correct people in my company at the quarry there and we are all good to go.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM

Hi Truckman,

We have a 20 ft. Toy Hauler, so are kind of limited where we can go. With our kids grown and out of the house it's just us and the canine kids, so the trailer has become our way of camping.

I'm not sure if this would work with the area you're going, let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member

It would work just fine.....There is an entrance right from the street and tri-axle truck and tractor trailers us it on a daily basis.It is a smooth coal haul road that is used by a blacktop plant and quarry for plant loading at a high speed....they feed a 360TPH plant with a cat 980G...so he runs it at 15 mph so ....yes it is smooth.....no rocks or anything to pester tires........My problem right now is geting a trailer to pull my atv AND my bike.....My trailer is in Oreland (almost the city) at a buddies place ....and the enclosed i was gonna get from work is filled with slip forms for concrete work....dangit!!!!!I just need to poke some more at some other trailers at work as we just got 2 brand new 2 axle pace enclosed trailers in the other day...........but will my little dakota pull them is another story...If i can get one i will....Either way I'll be there.