Knee and Elbow pads are GOOOD!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Knee and Elbow pads are GOOOD!!!!!!

I was riding with my sonthis morning down in So Jersey. I was using my friends DRZ400 and my son was using my (his?? wrestling match to follow shortly....) bike.

It was about 26 degrees out and all the soft sand I and my friend were riding yesterday turned to hardpack, including the ruts that the trucks pressed in...

We ALL KNOW that DRZ400’s are top heavy.... and I was running at about 35 mph when I entered a deep rut that was solid as concrete. (It was on the other side of a hill so unfortunately I didn't get a chance to slow down before I got into it..)

Well, you can guess what happened next, I was not able to keep the track and then found myself trying to ridea floater on the rut lip...unfortunately its not like surfing and my tire slid back in and completely through the rut and down I went....[:@]

The good news is that my friend’s bike is ok .....Since I cushioned its fall with my body.... the better news is that the entire 10 ft slide was ridden out on my knee pads and forearm pads that are integrated into my fieldsheer jacket. (The integrated back pad also helped further cushion my friend’s bike (AM I A GOOD FRIEND OR WHAT?!?!!)

Anyway, those pads saved my **** today on some pretty hard pack conditions... I’m guessing my knees and forearms would have been sliced open otherwise...Luckly, I was not hurt at all, just added some milege onto my pads...

Knee and Elbow pads are GOOOOD!!!!!![8D]

Oh, I almost forgot, my son’s inspirational comments as he came up to help: “man that was an awsomewipout…I thought your heal was ground off” Thx…..guess MX boots are GOOOOD too.....

Old 02-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Default RE: Knee and Elbow pads are GOOOD!!!!!!

Hey, when your kid tells you its an awesome wipe out, be thankful you don't got a broke hip[8D]

Old 02-26-2007, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

glad to hear you are okay

Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you're OK Dirtsurfer. Dang kids - I see you were showing those whippersnappers how us old guys do it. You'll be sore tomorrow, but its all worth it! Sure beats a slow death on the couch.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Yes... i need to get me some knee pads..... glad ur ok.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

At least your son told you it was an "awesome wipeout" The last time something like that happened to me, my son rode up to me and said "Dad, sometimes you really embarass me!"
That hurts![:@]

Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 PM

protective gear is good i crashed hard enough on some rock to actualy tear the hing on my knee pad apart.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Well not too bad today, a bit sore as Nobrakes figured, but otherwise ok...

Yeah, I think the pads saved my **** out there....

Apparently when I fell, the bike fliped up on top of me which made for an 'awsome' wipe out.. He couldn't see anything but my ankles from under the bike and thought thatwas where the weight was going to grind me.

(what he didn't realize is that I had that300 lb F#$&*&r evenly distributed all along my body to keepmy friend's bikefrom harm )

I basically rode it out supperman styleon my shins and arms...

Frozen ruts may be bad... but PADS ARE GOOD!!!