KLX300 - "Unmuzzled" Power Charts Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NWrider76
Too bad about that but, I've enjoyed reading about your experiments with your system and look forward to your next dyno results.
They sold out pretty fast, but if I can get more parts, I'll make more.

I'm also itching to do the dyno test. I'm really curious to see the effects of the latest experiments. The bike runs super good.

Last edited by tooter; 05-09-2022 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I will be getting a 2022 klx300 in the next couple of weeks. My plan (after break-in) is a delkavic slip on, power commander , air box mod of some sort , most likely will remove the stp and have it dyno tuned.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Olderider
I will be getting a 2022 klx300 in the next couple of weeks. My plan (after break-in) is a delkavic slip on, power commander , air box mod of some sort , most likely will remove the stp and have it dyno tuned.
You came to the right place.
We'll help you spend your money.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Would love to see the dyno. I believe the fuel map I developed is very good and a little conservative. I would recommend being careful with fueling. Lean will eventually kill the motor early. Low level detonation cannot be detected and/or heard by your ear, and it hammers the **** out of the rotating components. I have not tried to PM on this board, but if you want my map for the PCFC send me your email via PM.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the advice and welcome. 2wheel dyno works will be doing the tune so they will be doing all the PC adjustments. I am 100% sure it will be an optimal but safe tune. I will share all the numbers and map if possible.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the advice and welcome. 2wheel dyno works will be doing the tune so they will be doing all the PC adjustments. I am 100% sure it will be an optimal but safe tune. I will share all the numbers and map if possible.
Look forward to your results. With the basic mods and secondary throttle removal, mid range is waaaay better.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

So I have installed the PC , O2 sensor deleted, delkavic 14” carbon , Kx snorkel, removed the STP , removed the AIS and carbon emissions crap. Nigel sent me the map he made for the PC. It definitely runs better. Butt dyno says more power. Haven’t really rung it out at all because of break in miles still being put on. I haven’t taken it past 7000 rpm. I did install a 15t front sprocket and it made everything better IMO. I have a 37t rear sprocket on the way and I believe that gearing should be perfect for what I use my bike for. I still plan on getting it dyno tuned to verify AF across the board.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member

So I have installed the PC , O2 sensor deleted, delkavic 14” carbon , Kx snorkel, removed the STP , removed the AIS and carbon emissions crap. Nigel sent me the map he made for the PC. It definitely runs better. Butt dyno says more power. Haven’t really rung it out at all because of break in miles still being put on. I haven’t taken it past 7000 rpm. I did install a 15t front sprocket and it made everything better IMO. I have a 37t rear sprocket on the way and I believe that gearing should be perfect for what I use my bike for. I still plan on getting it dyno tuned to verify AF across the board.
I believe 15/40 and 14/37 are essentially the same ratios.

15/40 2.66
14/37 2.64

Although SM gears being smaller would have less rotating weight.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

It will be 15/37 so 2.46 imo that should be just about right for me. Can’t wait to try it out. Will make the longer rides to logging roads more comfortable.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

It will be 15/37 so 2.46 imo that should be just about right for me. Can’t wait to try it out. Will make the longer rides to logging roads more comfortable.
Wow... you're going to be the first one to gear higher than SM.
Let me know how you like it. I'd gear up too, but I don't want to give up the low first gear because I need to crawl up steep narrow roads carrying my tools.

Quick Reply: KLX300 - "Unmuzzled" Power Charts Needed.