KLX300 - "Unmuzzled" Power Charts Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 11:46 PM
tsc
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
PINIT racing does not list anything for Kawasaki.
They do custom ECM's though, so perhaps they have the ability to do-up the KLX ECM or refit one of their ECM's to the KLX.
But this is not the real issue - which is the R&D that has to go into creating proper performance programing for the various builds ( stock, modified induction, modified induction and exhaust, etc etc) .. For instance, ignition curve programming alone takes tremendous Dyno time to perfect. Too much advance in the upper RPM kills power quickly. And all is dependent on the AFR (fueling) , fuel quality, and the choice of performance bolt-ins.
Add into this that they must have the knowledge that the KLX requires the secondary throttle valve to be removed before any programming R&D can commence - or the final product is practically useless.

TSC, asking such questions about the Barker is confounding to me - I hope you are going to use the Barker system and not try to cobble together a shade-tree contraption.
What's your problem man? Obviously I'm not going to use barker system. but I'm not selling a copy either. Breath and relax.

On the other topic - Ignition tuning is not a rocket science. And it's already done with apitech ecu on multiple bikes.

Peace.

Old 04-09-2024, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Yall "new guys" don't know me - and that's ok. I try to keep things on a "Joe Sixpack" level instead of delving into fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and ICE design characteristics on any given topic. The goal has always been to steer the performance oriented owners to the correct decisions for maximum bang-for-buck.

All we need now is for someone to bolt on the Barker system, remove the secondary valve and airbox lid, and have a PCFC programmed to provide proper part throttle and full throttle fueling. Once this is done, and dyno charted, the performance enhancement will be a "game changer". The PCFC map will be useable by all, and we will have a proven "recipe" for cheaply creating a max performance KLX300.

I understand that most do have the "resources" I had when I created the recipes for the carb'd KLX250's. But with a willing owner, who has access to a good Dyno shop, perhaps we should entertain taking up a collection to offset the costs of creating this PCFC programming and end result dyno chart.

Last edited by Klxster; 04-09-2024 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member

RE: Best Dual Sport Bikes
I don't think the videos showed a dyno run with the ECU mod + open air box + the shark gill slits in the stock muffler. I'm curious if it would show the same lean AFR that it did with the Delkavic muffler. Or, is it possible that the ECU would "learn" to counter a slightly lean condition.

Old 04-18-2024, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by NWrider76
RE: Best Dual Sport Bikes
I don't think the videos showed a dyno run with the ECU mod + open air box + the shark gill slits in the stock muffler. I'm curious if it would show the same lean AFR that it did with the Delkavic muffler. Or, is it possible that the ECU would "learn" to counter a slightly lean condition.
He definitely does. He shows the curve as well as the fueling with his specific mods he requests be done on the bike.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

The vid above no longer provides useful information as it has been superseded with his latest programming results:

Old 04-18-2024, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Did he actually show the bike on the dyno or just dyno graphs?? As we all know dyno number don’t mean anything unless you do a stock base run , then do same day runs with the mods. Even then all the numbers will show is how much of a percentage you gained from stock to modified. You might dyno one day and get 26 hp and run it on a different dyno a different day and get a completely different number. Don’t get hung up on numbers. The most important is the fueling.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:01 PM
tsc
1st Gear Member

The vid above no longer provides useful information as it has been superseded with his latest programming results:https://youtu.be/pqmrCcDP5aU
In fact this is old video which was superseded by the one above. They recommend delete secondary throttle plate as per lastest reflash.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

tsc, I think you need to re-watch the vid I posted above - you missed the important stuff..

Old 04-18-2024, 11:27 PM
tsc
1st Gear Member

tsc, I think you need to re-watch the vid I posted above - you missed the important stuff..
I've seen it. It was initially on bdsm channel when they announced reflash and then they removed it and replaced with other videos. This makes me think that your/pinitracing video is outdated.

Old 04-19-2024, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: KLX300 - "Unmuzzled" Power Charts Needed.