KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ims application

I called IMS yesterday and was told they dont show a model to fit the KLX250S. Mine is a 2009 - how did you guys get a fit.

Rik

Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
yeah, I got some for $20 shipped thru ebay. They are identical to the IMS pegs except the edges aren't vertical daggers, more like the oem edges. They're nearly twice as wide as stockers and the same length. IMS is one of those names that you pay for like Renthal. Their products are unmistakably excellent, but you do pay alot for their name. I look at it like this- do you buy Advil or walprofen when you buy headache medicine? They both do the same thing and the cheaper ones are just as strong.

here's the one's I got:

Wow I couldn't really tell until you did the comparison shot. Those things are huge. Stocking stuffers....

Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
"If I could make a rack for the '09 KLX and sell it to undercut all makers of racks, I would."
And you would be proud of your self for ripping off a company that creates them?
Who would he be ripping off? He makes a new rack, based off other designs...and sells it at a competitive price. It's a rack, not nuclear secrets. The design is right there for all to see.

Dude you brought this up and derailed the thread. If you took that tone with me I'd have to respond. Chill out. He said the IMS parts were nice, but expensive. Personally I don't see why I should pay the same price for handlebars and footpegs. It's ridiculous.

I personally found KLX250sOwners pics and info very helpful. Stop trying to get a rise out of people and contribute to the thread. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can't have a civilized debate. The guy stated his opinion, and you came rip roaring out teeth gnashing for no reason.

They're cheap footpegs. Chill out.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well this has been an interesting read for sure, I guess I've been a little busy lately. Hunting, working and Monday I got my new Blackberry Curve. As far as the "Global Market" or free world trade or whatever its being called this week, we better all start raising chickens to trade to our doctors for office visits, because that's where its heading. I watched the Walmart story called The High Cost of Low Prices, and frankly I wanted to cry. Don't get me wrong, living from paycheck to paycheck, We need to save somewhere, but at the expense of jobs and people right here in the good old USA? Oh well. I don't know where I'm going with this, but as far as the foot pegs, I often (50% of the time) stand on the foot pegs, even doing 55 down the highway, and I think about the pegs snapping off and what would happen. I would like to get some wider pegs, and I would probably go with a better quality...stainless perhaps. But then again I suppose the weak link is the arm that holds the peg.

Anyway, how about if we all just put information out there without trying to offend each other. This is just a forum, let's all just try and get along.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess Iowa Guy just rubs me the wrong way, and I feel compelled to respond.
No worries, I wont bother to feed fuel to the fire with him any longer. Clearly he is way smarter then all of us combined.

Here is my final take on this, and we will use the rack for the back of the KLX as an example.

If I spend my time, and money and develop a product to sale at retail to the public, thats my choice. Its the american way, I take great pride in my products. I have to sell them at a price that allows me to make a profit. I HAVE to make a profit, so I can pay my help good wages, then pay my overhead costs, then pay my share of taxes, and have enough left over to try and develop another product. And maybe enough in profits to fund a few discretionary purchases and help the economy.
Now here comes some guy in a back yard operation, with no overhead but a desire to make some fast cash. He copies my design ( like IG wants to do ) and sells it cheap as can be on E-bay. Is that ok?
Not in my book. He is stealing my idea and making a cheap copy to try and make a fast buck. He has no interest in developing a product, or improving a product. Probally doesnt claim the income on his tax returns. Certainly wont stand behind his cheap imitation, never mind offer customer service, or technical help.
I have no problem with a company that does there market research, and determines there is a need for an improved product. Then takes there time and develops an IMPROVED product and then markets it and stands behind there work. Totally different in my book.
Anytime I get a hint of some back yard jack, I tend to respond forcefully. I have had products ripped off from me. Its a pain in the a$$. You have to contact the lawyers, contact the business licensing divisions in there state, contact zoning authorities, you have to contact the IRS, as well as anyone that might be effected by this cheap copy.
I understand the world is full of rip-offs, but when your the victim, your forced to react.
In my book, thats bad wrong. And people that condone it are just as bad.

I will leave it at that. and if I did hijack the thread, sorry about that.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

capitalism. your definition of it and my definition of it are obviously different. unless you patent your DISTINCT design, it's there for the world to profit from it. But, I can change one part of it or use a different material and whalaa, it's not your design anymore. We're not robots here. I can take your product and make it better everytime guaranteed. And me not being greedy to make millions, I can do it all by myself, have no overhead like you said and keep all the money for myself. My product will be built so well it will require no customer service however it will be backed by a warranty that doesn't include off-road bashing.
There, that's my product philosophy if I had one. If you can't beat that, you have no hope of succeeding in the business world.
Glad I gulped down that last bowl of corn lastnight, otherwise I don't think I could have thought that one up. LMAO

btw- you haven't seen a hottie until you've seen homegrown women from Iowa. Corn's good for the skin.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I really like the IMS foot pegs. Nice stuff.
Thats where my $$ will go.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

1 Ton pickups to haul those women too!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kgwld1
1 Ton pickups to haul those women too!
ROTFL

Dont get Iowa guy started again !!!! LMAO