KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Did you notice if they sit any higher than the stock pegs? I ask because most pegs that are available here in Japan sit a bit higher than OEM.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
+1, there is obviously a big difference in quality between those two foot pegs. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the other ones, but they are obviously not as well made, they look like they are stamped out of cheap steel and not very grippy. The IMS on the other hand are polished stainless steel and made with sharp points to keep your boot on the peg - important for off-road riding.

I'm not knocking the cheaper ones, but to say they are the same, just less expensive, is not accurate.

I had the IMS when I sold my KLX. At first I was reluctant to fork out the $90 or whatever they cost, but someone from here highly recommended them to me and assured me I would not be disappointed, so I bit the bullet and did it. They were right. The solid, wider pegs made a big difference, I thought. For the install, I did need to grind the peg mount down a little bit to make them sit flat. But that was very minor.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
But what do I know, I'm not from the intelligence capitol of the corn belt.
I have nothing against the the state of Iowa, but that there is FUNNY!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
Did you notice if they sit any higher than the stock pegs? I ask because most pegs that are available here in Japan sit a bit higher than OEM.

Thanks
Sorry, I don't recall. I don't think they did, but if they did, I didn't notice.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
WHY does Iowa guy have to hijack every thread in here?
If he made sense and was able to offer a coherent and logical respose, perhaps people would stop disliking him a bit. Maybe if he just stopped and thought about what he was saying. . . . Nah, that wouldnt help.
His penchant for having to be smarter then everyone about everything at anytime could probally be properly diagnosed by someone way smarter then me. ( and him)
But what do I know, I'm not from the intelligence capitol of the corn belt.
Oh yea, Boston and New York have got nothing for them fine Universitys in Iowa.
All 11 of them, right? In a state how big? How populated?
Yea, that sure proves something. Yup. OK
Maybe you should ask you wife if you can stop being a stay at home mom, and maybe attend a class or 2, might help you learn a little class.
you're the one who hijacked the thread with your little poor me riff about someone undercutting someone else and then failed to respond to my questions regarding your personal items not being made or designed in America. You've still tiptoed the question, not surprised with the lack of intelligence you've shown.
I don't know where you got the "stay at home mom" idea. I work as a counselor and am 3 weeks away from having a masters in public administration from Drake University- one of the top business programs in the land.
I think you need to brush up on your social studies knowledge. Your absurdly idiotic comment regarding population and lack of schools is off base. It works just the opposite my friend. With such a small population means there is a smaller student/teacher ratio in all schools. This generally merits better grades and expanded knowledge in students of all ages from kindergarten to grad school.
Iowa's universities are regularly ranked ahead of schools in the northeast.

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 11-07-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

+1, there is obviously a big difference in quality between those two foot pegs.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the other ones, but they are obviously not as well made.
they look like they are stamped out of cheap steel and not very grippy.
I'm not knocking the cheaper ones, but to say they are the same, just less expensive, is not accurate.
any proof of your statements?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm not trying to prove anything, that's just my perception of it. Like I said, I have no problem with them, if you and others like them great, but no need to beat people up that prefer the higher quality part.

On closer look, they do look cast, though, not stamped. Hard to say about the quality of the metal, probably not the best. And I would prefer sharp cleats to keep the boot from slipping. I'm sure you could file those sharp, but then I bet they would rust.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I'm not trying to prove anything, that's just my perception of it. Like I said, I have no problem with them, if you and others like them great, but no need to beat people up that prefer the higher quality part.

On closer look, they do look cast, though, not stamped. Hard to say about the quality of the metal, probably not the best. And I would prefer sharp cleats to keep the boot from slipping. I'm sure you could file those sharp, but then I bet they would rust.
me beating someone up for preferring the IMS? dude, you're an intelligent guy. I was the one who got thrown under the bus for buying these cheap pegs. Didn't you read the post about the way he wants to end capitalism? Where did I ever say the IMS pegs weren't good or that you shouldn't buy them? All I ever said was that for the money, these pegs were hard to beat. As far as strength, I'd put them up against the IMS pegs. But for corrosion, yeah they'd probably rust. But I'm not flying through the jungle at 50 mph standing on the pegs and I doubt anyone else here is. I've seen you ride and you don't either. But to say that they aren't equal in quality depends on what you call quality? SS doesn't necessarily mean better quality. The stockers aren't SS and for the majority of people, that doesn't matter a bit.
This whole thing is a ridiculously moot subject to debate on here, but when I'm called out on something as petty as being proud of my $20 wide footpegs from someone boohooing that he didn't come up with the idea, I'll debate til the cows come home. Guess that's the Iowa way.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I do ride 50 mph + and with the stockers had a high speed get off thats why i went with the ims if you ride street those other ones would be fine hell a rubber insert one might even be better.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

It would be impossible to ride 50+ in the woods we ride in, maybe for short sections on the power lines. So there's not too much open stuff here, the most open nearby is about two hours south of me when I ride with the guys down around Fayetteville. 50+ is the norm there. And I'm on the pegs a lot in either case, at least half the time if not more, depending on the terrain.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Forget it Iowa Guy

For what its worth, I have no interest in having a debate about life with Iowa Guy. He is, as alway, right about everything, as always. No one should bother to make a point to him, as he has all the answers, for everything, as always.

I have no problem with the corn they grow, and them there Iowa corn fed country girls look gooder then'a new set'a snowtires. ( did I say that right IG? )
Perhaps I should throw away my MS from WPI (look it up IG) and go to Iowa so I too can get a real education in a small country college where there are 5 teachers to every student.
Thanks but no thanks. I will just be in awe of Iowa Guys far superior knowledge, about everything, as always.

I think in the future I will just pretend Iowa Guy is always right, and not bother to make any counterpoints, as apparently "I know nuthin" !!

Quick Reply: KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs