KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok heres my 2 cents,,,, You Get What You Pay For,,, thats all I have to say...

Old 11-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TomN
09KLXowner

These are the ones right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-07...Q5fAccessories

And they fit on your 09 ok?
yep, those are the ones although they've raised the price on them a bit. Fourty2ri must have had input on how to make that batch. lol
you saw the pics- those were pics of my '09. buy 'em.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JRock420
Ok heres my 2 cents,,,, You Get What You Pay For,,, thats all I have to say...
..............true, but sometimes you people pay way too much for whatever it is you're buying; and therein lies the problem with that old saying.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
So Iowa Guy, I should close down my manufacturing division, and stop paying guys good wages to create and build and market my products? Cause some homeless guy in Iowa can steal my idea and do it cheaper? Is that the "new" way?

"If I could make a rack for the '09 KLX and sell it to undercut all makers of racks, I would."
And you would be proud of your self for ripping off a company that creates them?

I suppose you buy the $7.00 brake pads and then complain they sucked when you slam into something?

Cheaper aint always better was my point.

You have to twist everything around, and make sure your the only opinion out there thats the best. For crying out loud, even your arguments get twisted around to confuse someone enough it aint even worth trying to understand you.

Glad I dont live in Iowa
did I say to close down your plant? all I'm saying is that if you're making a product and someone else comes in and makes an equal product for less, you better be able to compete of you'll be left for dead.

you didn't answer my questions regarding your silverware, your pc, your monitor, or your motorcycle. you are a hypocrite aren't you?

btw, Iowa is consistently voted as one of, if not THE most intelligent states, best places to live, and has some of the best schools and universities in the country. you probably don't know what the capital is do you? go back to your blueprints. you don't employ any Hispanics do you? doh!! cuz if you do, that's an American that doesn't have a job.

I never said I buy cheap all the time, quite the opposite. I buy the high-end product most of the time- WHEN IT MATTERS. footpegs are footpegs. the IMS ones are stainless steel and look like art. sure they're nice, but the ones I got do the same job for less money. you said they were ripoffs, what part of the cheap footpeg are you saying is a copy? they're not even made of the same material? your argument is moot. go back to 1970 with your fantasy patents and copyrights.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm sorry those 2 foot pegs aren't even close to one another, for riding on the street those are fine but off road standing in wooded fast terrain I want to be locked onto my foot peg thats where ims are the difference.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

did the photos of mine depict a smooth surface to stand on? they are equal if not sharper than the oems spikes which for 99% of riders, MX or enduro, is what is used to stand on when riding their bikes. for the majority of riders, unless you get free boots, no one likes razor sharp footpegs because they ruin boots. that's the reason IMS charges so much for their product; because they don't sell many and they have to make a huge profit when they do sell a set.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kgwld1
I'm sorry those 2 foot pegs aren't even close to one another, for riding on the street those are fine but off road standing in wooded fast terrain I want to be locked onto my foot peg thats where ims are the difference.
+1, there is obviously a big difference in quality between those two foot pegs. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the other ones, but they are obviously not as well made, they look like they are stamped out of cheap steel and not very grippy. The IMS on the other hand are polished stainless steel and made with sharp points to keep your boot on the peg - important for off-road riding.

I'm not knocking the cheaper ones, but to say they are the same, just less expensive, is not accurate.

I had the IMS when I sold my KLX. At first I was reluctant to fork out the $90 or whatever they cost, but someone from here highly recommended them to me and assured me I would not be disappointed, so I bit the bullet and did it. They were right. The solid, wider pegs made a big difference, I thought. For the install, I did need to grind the peg mount down a little bit to make them sit flat. But that was very minor.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner

btw, Iowa is consistently voted as one of, if not THE most intelligent states, best places to live, and has some of the best schools and universities in the country. you probably don't know what the capital is do you? go back to your blueprints. you don't employ any Hispanics do you? doh!! cuz if you do, that's an American that doesn't have a job.
Wow IG, you are right everything is better in Iowa! Let me tell ALL of the Hispanics out there in the good ol' US of A that they are not Americans. So what do they teach you in Iowa as to the "true" meaning of "an American"? Apparently being born in the US isn't good enough for the Great State of Iowa and I reckon being Naturalized is way out. I bet you couldn't even pass the Naturalization test - I know I can't and I've seen it. And before you ask, Yes, I was born in the US and spent 20+ years defending the Constitution so that Idiots like you can utter your filth.

Some day you will just learn to keep your mouth shut and not show your true colors in public. I don't care about you or your history here but the more you post the more I understand.

Eric

Old 11-07-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

WHY does Iowa guy have to hijack every thread in here?
If he made sense and was able to offer a coherent and logical respose, perhaps people would stop disliking him a bit. Maybe if he just stopped and thought about what he was saying. . . . Nah, that wouldnt help.
His penchant for having to be smarter then everyone about everything at anytime could probally be properly diagnosed by someone way smarter then me. ( and him)
But what do I know, I'm not from the intelligence capitol of the corn belt.
Oh yea, Boston and New York have got nothing for them fine Universitys in Iowa.
All 11 of them, right? In a state how big? How populated?
Yea, that sure proves something. Yup. OK
Maybe you should ask you wife if you can stop being a stay at home mom, and maybe attend a class or 2, might help you learn a little class.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Iowa is right. The IMS pegs are a rip off.
I modified my stock pegs with some scrap steel and a cheap welder.
Cost me $5 and they are basically equivalent to the IMS pegs. Very sharp and very wide.

Quick Reply: KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs