Default KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs

Has anyone located a set??

Rik
2009 on order

Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

IMS do them. $$ though!

http://www.imsproducts.com/

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 11-05-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

there was a thread not long ago about some wide pegs. short money from what i recall. go back 10 or 20 pages and you'll find it

Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

yeah, I got some for $20 shipped thru ebay. They are identical to the IMS pegs except the edges aren't vertical daggers, more like the oem edges. They're nearly twice as wide as stockers and the same length. IMS is one of those names that you pay for like Renthal. Their products are unmistakably excellent, but you do pay alot for their name. I look at it like this- do you buy Advil or walprofen when you buy headache medicine? They both do the same thing and the cheaper ones are just as strong.

here's the one's I got:

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 11-06-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
yeah, I got some for $20 shipped thru ebay. They are identical to the IMS pegs except the edges aren't vertical daggers, more like the oem edges. They're nearly twice as wide as stockers and the same length. IMS is one of those names that you pay for like Renthal. Their products are unmistakably excellent, but you do pay alot for their name. I look at it like this- do you buy Advil or walprofen when you buy headache medicine? They both do the same thing and the cheaper ones are just as strong.
You are the guy that companys dislike for that "cheap" reasons. If no one buys Renthal products, then they dont make enough profit to develop new products. Cheap rip-off copies are usually made as cheap as possible in China or somewhere. Are you one of the guys b*tching about Americans losing jobs? Keep buying cheap crap.

As far as I am concerned, buy the good stuff, for a few extra bucks, its worth it.

FYI, I am a mechanical engineer, my company has designed and built plenty of products. I read on the forums where someone has offered a cheap copy of the stuff I make. All they did was copy it. We made the decision to make a product. We paid for the R&D to develop it. Paid for the prototypes, built the jigs and tooling, built inventory, marketed the product, and hope to make enough $$ to try for a new product, with the hope that someday we will hit a homerun and score big.
I irks the sh*t out of me when someone says buy the cheap rip-off and save $5.00

I would buy the good ones from IMS.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
You are the guy that companys dislike for that "cheap" reasons. If no one buys Renthal products, then they dont make enough profit to develop new products. Cheap rip-off copies are usually made as cheap as possible in China or somewhere. Are you one of the guys b*tching about Americans losing jobs? Keep buying cheap crap.

As far as I am concerned, buy the good stuff, for a few extra bucks, its worth it.

FYI, I am a mechanical engineer, my company has designed and built plenty of products. I read on the forums where someone has offered a cheap copy of the stuff I make. All they did was copy it. We made the decision to make a product. We paid for the R&D to develop it. Paid for the prototypes, built the jigs and tooling, built inventory, marketed the product, and hope to make enough $$ to try for a new product, with the hope that someday we will hit a homerun and score big.
I irks the sh*t out of me when someone says buy the cheap rip-off and save $5.00

LOL, dude anyone can make footpegs. Look at the silverware you eat off of, I'd bank on it being made in China. I don't care if you're Jesus Christ himself- if you've got a cure for cancer that costs $1 million, and some homeless junky has a cure he's selling for $10, Jesus is going to be bankrupt 'fore long. You're living in a philosophy that is decades old. This is a global market. The monitor you're looking at wasn't built by American hands and chances are, the store you bought your computer from put a mom and pop store out of business when you were in college earning your degree. The last time you paid money to walmart set some joe, like you claim to be yourself, back a long ways in making money on some ingenius new product or invention.
Your theory is so old that it is no longer applicable in todays global markets. Patents expire, and steel can be molded to any shape and welded to create pretty much anything under the sun. If I could make a rack for the '09 KLX and sell it to undercut all makers of racks, I would. There's no harm in trying to save a buck in todays world. Even when it may come from a third world. I'd say you were a hypocrite, but I can't be sure.
Where's your KLX built at? Don't you think there's some guy in the USA that is trying to build one off dirt bikes? Didn't you undercut his ideas by buying an Asian motorcycle?
Nonetheless, I'd rather pay $20 for some knockoff footpegs than $80-$90 for some big name that isn't any stronger.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Me too if I had the $.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

www.d2moto.com has them on for $16.90, click onto Dirt bikes.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 PM
1st Gear Member

09KLXowner

These are the ones right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-07...Q5fAccessories

And they fit on your 09 ok?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
LOL, dude anyone can make footpegs. Look at the silverware you eat off of, I'd bank on it being made in China. I don't care if you're Jesus Christ himself- if you've got a cure for cancer that costs $1 million, and some homeless junky has a cure he's selling for $10, Jesus is going to be bankrupt 'fore long. You're living in a philosophy that is decades old. This is a global market. The monitor you're looking at wasn't built by American hands and chances are, the store you bought your computer from put a mom and pop store out of business when you were in college earning your degree. The last time you paid money to walmart set some joe, like you claim to be yourself, back a long ways in making money on some ingenius new product or invention.
Your theory is so old that it is no longer applicable in todays global markets. Patents expire, and steel can be molded to any shape and welded to create pretty much anything under the sun. If I could make a rack for the '09 KLX and sell it to undercut all makers of racks, I would. There's no harm in trying to save a buck in todays world. Even when it may come from a third world. I'd say you were a hypocrite, but I can't be sure.
Where's your KLX built at? Don't you think there's some guy in the USA that is trying to build one off dirt bikes? Didn't you undercut his ideas by buying an Asian motorcycle?
Nonetheless, I'd rather pay $20 for some knockoff footpegs than $80-$90 for some big name that isn't any stronger.

So Iowa Guy, I should close down my manufacturing division, and stop paying guys good wages to create and build and market my products? Cause some homeless guy in Iowa can steal my idea and do it cheaper? Is that the "new" way?

"If I could make a rack for the '09 KLX and sell it to undercut all makers of racks, I would."
And you would be proud of your self for ripping off a company that creates them?

I suppose you buy the $7.00 brake pads and then complain they sucked when you slam into something?

Cheaper aint always better was my point.

You have to twist everything around, and make sure your the only opinion out there thats the best. For crying out loud, even your arguments get twisted around to confuse someone enough it aint even worth trying to understand you.

Glad I dont live in Iowa

Quick Reply: KLX25s Over Size Foot Pegs