Klx250sf understated slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Klx250sf understated slip ons

I am currently on the hunt for a slip on for my bike. I've heard FMF, HMF, and Muzzy and I don't know, just doesn't really appeal to me. I've researched big gun evo 3, yoshimura rs-3, two bros. m-7, and the leo vince and found I like the sound of all them (based on sound clips throughout the internet).

Two bros. is very loud and short, I like the sound, I've done research on this pipe. I have read that it is possibly TOO loud.

Leo Vince I have read on here is a good pipe, has multiple tips/inserts to adjust noise level, I was all for buying it, except that it is almost as heavy as the stock exhaust. YIKES , I think I definitely will want a lighter pipe if I'm paying $300 for it.

Big gun for the 09+ models I have not found very much information if any at all. If there isn't a difference between the earlier models and the late models, how do those who have the big gun like the performance and the noise levels?

Yoshimura seems to have a good sound, I can only find maybe 2 sound clips of it and they are varied in quality. How does the yoshimura can perform in your opinion. Once again an exhaust that I have found very little info at all.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Might as well throw DG o and r series slip-ons into your recepe as well. 210.00- they are in new DB mag. ad..

Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chainslack
Might as well throw DG o and r series slip-ons into your recepe as well. 210.00- they are in new DB mag. ad..
Sounds too weed wacky for me.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Two stroky maybe?

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Sounds too weed wacky for me.

Delta Barrel 4 on 2009 KLX 250S - YouTube

Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

It's hard to make out clearly but it looks like a 250S. I'm thinking they're set up at an open bay door shooting the vid causing it to sound different than it would if the vid were shot in an open field.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
It's hard to make out clearly but it looks like a 250S. I'm thinking they're set up at an open bay door shooting the vid causing it to sound different than it would if the vid were shot in an open field.
Do you have the delta?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

No. My bike is mostly stock.
I played that vid a few times and to me it sounds as though there is some sort of "echo" happening.

And to quote Neil Young:
"I've been wrong before and I'll be there again."

Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
No. My bike is mostly stock.
I played that vid a few times and to me it sounds as though there is some sort of "echo" happening.

And to quote Neil Young:
"I've been wrong before and I'll be there again."
Most vidoes sound like that actually

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 AM
1st Gear Member

A friend has a Delta 4 & it's pretty damn loud without the quiet insert BUT with the quiet insert, it seems very restricted but very quiet. With the quiet insert it's legal on the streets of Singapore & they are stricter than California for noise!

FMF Q4 is a nice pipe & sounds good....not to loud. best for around town..police/neighbors etc. I have a Q4 with megabomb btw

FMF power core is a bit louder but still acceptable noise levels with slightly better power flow than the Q4 imo.

Yoshi is a nice pipe & a little bit louder than the power core...slightly annoying noise in town or to your neighbors.

Twobros is just obnoxiously loud for riding in town & to your neighbors etc.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chainslack
I'm sorry when I saw DG I thought of delta barrel for some reason, wha'ts the difference between the O and R series?

Quick Reply: Klx250sf understated slip ons