klx250sf air filter and other mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 250sf09
Alright thanks man, so I won't need to relocate the directional lights?
My turn signal is slightly melted and blackened after a summer of ridding with the Q4 ... Im debating the competition werkes smoke lens turns signals as an alternative (they do look nice and I wonder if they will actually be out of the way of the exhaust too)... but then I realized the shipping was damn near the price of the signals. I just can't pay near 40 bucks for some turn signals lol.

Universal Short Stalk Turn Signal

Old 12-03-2012, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I didn't like the prices on some of the relocate kits, but if it is needed I will probably get one eventually

Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

You say your filter looks a little dirty so you want to buy a new one? You do realize that these foam filters are meant to be clean many times before needing to be replaced right? Wash in gas, let dry, apply filter oil, let dry, install and run till dirty again.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I realized this today after talking with a guy at work haha. I work on cars so I'm used to just throwing a new filter in. From what I understand the filter setup won't make too much of a difference so I have decided that I will be getting the FMF header and Q4 slip on on top of the jet kit and new tires! Thanks for the pointers, can't wait to get the stuff now haha

Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LikesToThump
My turn signal is slightly melted and blackened after a summer of ridding with the Q4 ... Im debating the competition werkes smoke lens turns signals as an alternative (they do look nice and I wonder if they will actually be out of the way of the exhaust too)... but then I realized the shipping was damn near the price of the signals. I just can't pay near 40 bucks for some turn signals lol.

Universal Short Stalk Turn Signal
I like those smoked turn signals, I might have to get a couple of sets, for front and rear. Do they come with a connector that just plugs into the normal wiring or do I have to wire them in? I haven't really looked at my lights yet so I'm not sure how they work. Also, I definitively think I'm going to do the rear fender delete with the new signals, what do you guys recommend for a plate bracket? And where is best? I've seen people put them right under the tail light and have seen them mounted sideways on the left under the coolant reservoir, just don't know what the bracket is exactly mounted to.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I like those smoked turn signals, I might have to get a couple of sets, for front and rear. Do they come with a connector that just plugs into the normal wiring or do I have to wire them in? I haven't really looked at my lights yet so I'm not sure how they work. Also, I definitively think I'm going to do the rear fender delete with the new signals, what do you guys recommend for a plate bracket? And where is best? I've seen people put them right under the tail light and have seen them mounted sideways on the left under the coolant reservoir, just don't know what the bracket is exactly mounted to.
I believe a lot of peoples the DRC Edge tail light: KLX250 Specials | Electrical | DRC Edge Tail Light(KLX250) - Wheeling Cycle Supply

Comes with the license bracket, light, and signal mounts. Just add signal's and you'll be ready for the rear fender delete.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pauls2ndblessing
I believe a lot of peoples the DRC Edge tail light: KLX250 Specials | Electrical | DRC Edge Tail Light(KLX250) - Wheeling Cycle Supply

Comes with the license bracket, light, and signal mounts. Just add signal's and you'll be ready for the rear fender delete.
The reason I am considering the Competition Werkes turn signals is because I have LED turn signals integrated into my hand guards and I am too lazy to wire up the diodes in the instrument panel for LED turn signals in the rear (I did ****** the proper diodes from the electrical engineering lab last month just in case though).

My concern with the Edge Tail Light would be if I could use incandescent turn signals and get away with not having to wire up the diodes...? I personally am fine with the way the rear fender looks, so I just have a hard time coughing up $80 for the kit plus another $20 or so for some turn signals (I have a lot of other mods comming up that need to be financed)

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I believe the common method is to just solder on the connectors from the old turn signal. The Edge kit comes with the bracket for the plate... it will also be illuminated and legal, unlike some other methods people attempt.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pauls2ndblessing

I just took my bike further apart today and do see that the signals use connectors. Instead of paying $80 for that kit I think I'm just going to modify the existing one. I noticed I can just cut the side tabs off the existing plate bracket and just flip it upside down. Then I can cut the fender just under the tail light so I have a place to mount the bracket. I'm going to work on that tonight I think. Then I will just use the new short signals in place of the stock ones. :P

Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't forget to post pics. :-)

Quick Reply: klx250sf air filter and other mods