KLX250S Owners Petition --> Please Fix The KACR!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default KLX250S Owners Petition --> Please Fix The KACR!

Ok, here it is folks, sign up if you think Kawasaki should be proactive about fixing their Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release "gizmo"! (I think "gizmo" is Ok, since "doohicky" was already taken by that other Kawasaki bunch.)

We probably represent one of the largest on-line forums for KLX250S owners, and judging from the rate at which new members are signing up, one of the largest on-line forums for potential KLX250S owners. If this is something the plagues us all, Kawasaki needs to address it, and potential owners need to be aware of it ... until its no longer an issue!

Provide details such as your mileage, noises, dealer interactions, etc., so that Kawasaki gets the whole picture. We've already seen a "Win-Win" with Utah Sport Cycle when consumers unite, so let's demonstrate again the new way of doing business over the Internet!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX250S Owners Petition --> Please Fix The KACR!

Well i was the second to have the exhaust cam replaced on this forum, at 4100 miles. It made a bad ticking noise, probably prgressivly got worse, then took it in and had it replaced. The mechanic said that one shim was too thin and one was too thick, so i had to take it back to have the valves adjusted after the new cam wore in... something which i dont understand, why do i have to pay for the valve adjustment? If the rear axle breaks and the tire comes up and hits the rear fender would i have to pay for the fender and just the tire and axle would be covered under warranty? Anyway, my bike is currently in the shop being looked at again at 4750 miles on it, now the ticking is still there and it wont idle or run right under 4k rpms... So yes Kawasaki should do something about this problem.... Please.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I guess I was the first one to get my camshaft replaced under the first year warranty. I'll edit this and put in my information as soon as I get home and look at the date and mileage when it was done. Funny I told the dealer that if I have to I will get the camshaft replaced 4 more times and that might make Kawasaki take notice. They didn't have a problem with that since they get paid for it, we'll see.[&:]

Old 11-01-2006, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I'm not convinced there's an epidemic here... There's only two people with the same problem so far...??

Old 11-01-2006, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

I'm not convinced there's an epidemic here... There's only two people with the same problem so far...??
That's true, but if all the other people that are hearing ticking noise and thinking its valves, then maybe there are more than two. Actually I hope we never hear about the issue again, then its was just an isolated incident, but at least we have our ducks in a row if it isn't.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I will look at mine over the winter when I do my service ,but I think the motor makes to much noise under a load anyway. It has made a rapping kind of sound since day 1 and I have ridden another one with 3 miles on it and it did the same thing. I guess it just makes noise. But I will check out the comp release when I open it up. I was the one that told Deej I thought that this was what was making the noise before the dealer figured it out.
How long is the standard warranty the bike comes with??? I was not going to pay a bunch to extend it. I do all my own work and would rather just buy the part and replace it myself because I don't trust any of the mechanics around here...

Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

just the regular warranty is 12 months.... which kinda sucks its not like a car that i can drive for 12 months straight, so half of that time it will be sitting in the garage with that white cold stuff on the ground outside..

Old 11-01-2006, 05:58 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

just the regular warranty is 12 months.... which kinda sucks its not like a car that i can drive for 12 months straight, so half of that time it will be sitting in the garage with that white cold stuff on the ground outside..
Well actually, how long it sits in the garage is up to you. It was 20 degrees out this morning and that won't stop me from riding. There are only two reasons that I wouldn't ride mine to work, monsoon rain, and frozen rain. even though its 20 out this week, the roads are crisp and bone dry. OK there would be one more reason not to ride, and that's if there was a mud slide between my house and work, (1.7 miles) Oh and snow sorry I forgot about that. But if I had a quad, then snow would actually be fun.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea. i need to get some more cold weather gear... and the cold would be no problem... i dont have a street helmet either..

Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 PM

My bike also makes a lot of noise. Since day one. I have had it looked at twice and both times the mechanic looked at me like I was stupid. He says they just make a lot of noise and thats that. I wished I knew of a good mechanic here, the place I take my bike used to be the best in town now I'm not so sure. I'm really worried at this point because the tapping has gotten louder as the weather has changed. I rode to town the other day and it was terrible, the bike runs great and burns no oil just makes noise. Hmmmm.....

I feel for others with bike problems. This is a NEW bike (my first NEW bike) and we should NOT be having troubles with them. We should collectively kick Kawasakis butt if it is this KACR. There is great power in numbers.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: KLX250S Owners Petition --> Please Fix The KACR!