KLX250S + Mods = 1 Fine Bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default KLX250S + Mods = 1 Fine Bike

I just have to say that today while I was out on the KLX, I was thinking to myself that it feels so good, accelerates with such authority, front end lifts with relative ease even with stock gearing - I think it's just about perfect. They say some things get better with age. I've had my bike for almost 7 months now with just over 2600 miles and I like it better every time I ride. I think I've found the sweet spot with regard to mods and components. I did a little dirt today and I'm thinking the Track Master II's are going to fine a welcome home on this thumper. This KLX is one fine bike , even if it took a little pimping to get it that way. [sm=pimp.gif] It's running really great and its performance is right where I want it to be. I'll probably do some more in the future - maybe that Mikuni carb or an even larger bore, but that will be icing on the cake. Right now, it's right where I want it. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

And, if I may, I must say that this forum and the good folks here have added a lot to the experience - thanks for all the ideas, photos, instructions, advice, and general knowledge sharing. Most of the good ideas that have made my bike so enjoyable have come from others here and elsewhere. [sm=thanx.gif]

Cheers,

Old 07-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: KLX250S + Mods = 1 Fine Bike

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

JK. Nice write, good to hear people enjoying there bikes and sharing there overall experiances. I have to say i would luv to have a KLX to go out onto the desert and mountain roads around here.

Keep having fun [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey - I would love to have a desert and mountains to go out on my KLX - maybe we can work something out

Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

one order of desert and mountains coming up

Old 07-13-2006, 07:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

And, if I may, I must say that this forum and the good folks here have added a lot to the experience - thanks for all the ideas, photos, instructions, advice, and general knowledge sharing. Most of the good ideas that have made my bike so enjoyable have come from others here and elsewhere. [sm=thanx.gif]

Cheers,
Nicely said Brian, if not for this forum, I probably would have ordered a dozen incorrect parts for my bike. It's great to have a place like this for info and to share ideas.

I think it's really amazing how you feel that you get to know some of the people on this forum without ever knowing them. It was great to meet Marty a few weeks ago and KLXStiffler last weekend.

I have to say that I would really like to meet Deej someday. I know we all rib him about his clean bike, but we only do it because his personality shines through in his messages. Deej really comes across to me as someone who gets along with everyone.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input and suggestions. I hope this will continue to be a place for information and ideas.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 AM

Whats this mikuni carb you speak of?

A pumper carb perhaps, or just a really nice carb for our bikes? I'd like to get a Mikuni carb rather than toying with this one. Next, I want a big bore. But Ill start with a carb I think.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

The Mikuni TM33 pumper is reported to go on without too much difficulty. The 300cc was the last bit that gave me what I really wanted - torque. I was specifically wanting low-end torque which I got. The upside is that the 300cc gave additional torque all across the RPM range, low as well as high. The Mikuni is probably in my future, but not right away. I'm going to enjoy the bike how it is now for a while. That'll make a carb upgrade all the better when I do that.