KLX250s Handlebar Help Please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Question KLX250s Handlebar Help Please...

I need to replace my stock bars (faceplant,) and thought I'd like a little more pullback, only...

I don't know a Henry/Reed from a Charmichael from a whatever.

1. How do you figure out, (or can anyone tell me,) what the pullback is on the ('07) stock bars and

B. How much more do I want anyway?

I'm 6'1" and ride this bike in the woods mostly. I don't want to go so far as to have to change out a bunch of cables. Oh, and right now I'm looking at Pro Taper SE

Any help?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't have a clue as to what bars will work. I would like to have my bars to be 2 inches taller, but after 10,000 + miles, the stock ones are still near perfect. Oh and Randy I must have missed you when you joined, so a big KF welcome to you man.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

WestOz has posted that the renthal Jimmy Button bend is about 2"taller but less sweep

Old 10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I can vouch for the fact that the RC bend isn't much different than stock. I just put them on yesterday.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

rats, now I have to think about "sweep" too? 2" seems like it would be pushing the reach of the cables...

I assume sweep would be a curvature of the bar?

Oh, and thanks

Pretty soon it's going to be eeny meeny miney and moe that decides..

Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 2009 instrumentation & aftermarket bits

Yesterday my six-year-old violated the rules about always riding in one direction on our trail. I now have an AC separation (hurts worse than it sounds) and he has a broken wrist. The KLX needs a new fender, "number plate", and top casing for the speedo (broke the glass in it). His CRF50 needs handlebars. Guess I lost that one.

Anyhow, I started looking into the Trailtech Vapor. Then I thought "why not put on 2009 meters?"

Turns out you can't...not easily. The entire wiring harness is different and the 2009 uses a magnetic sensor for the speedo. Looks like less work to put in a Vapor.

I'm looking at using Acerbis' headlight and front fender. Does anyone have any input on DHH, Dimension HP, Cyclops, or DHH CE? For the fender I'm probably going to get an Acerbis Tecnik in black & green. I may go for OEM 2009 parts if they'll fit (and don't cost a fortune)

I saw a couple folks put on Vapors back in 2006. How are they holding up? Any issues with fabrication of the mount or wiring that came up later?

Edit: Er um...I didn't mean to post this within this thread...meant to start a new one. Oxycodone does funny things to your head.

Last edited by mc1457; 10-09-2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Posted to wrong thread
Old 10-09-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you head on your kid?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mc1457

Edit: Er um...I didn't mean to post this within this thread...meant to start a new one. Oxycodone does funny things to your head.
Yes it certainly does. I just went through that myself...

Now, start your own thread, will ya? (and I hope you feel better and get off those things soon...woof...)

(I'm gettin' nowhere fast.)

Last edited by hppyfngy; 10-09-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hppyfngy
rats, now I have to think about "sweep" too? 2" seems like it would be pushing the reach of the cables...

I assume sweep would be a curvature of the bar?

Oh, and thanks

Pretty soon it's going to be eeny meeny miney and moe that decides..
Not quite. This may clear things up.

See the full range here.
http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/cgi-bi...=HB-DIMENSIONS
JB is 6 foot+. I've bee using the JB bend from new. I'm 6 foot. No issues with fitting, cables, controls etc. Fit some barkbusters at the same time. Cheaper in the long run.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Not quite. This may clear things up.

See the full range here.
http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/cgi-bi...=HB-DIMENSIONS
JB is 6 foot+. I've bee using the JB bend from new. I'm 6 foot. No issues with fitting, cables, controls etc. Fit some barkbusters at the same time. Cheaper in the long run.
Thanks, that's actually what I thought it meant and that's a really helpful illustration.

Now if I only knew what the stock bars were, (mine are a little out of whack at the moment...)

Quick Reply: KLX250s Handlebar Help Please...