KLX250S and DR-Z400S

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I owned a DRZ (00) and I did not get along with that engine. I like to ride low in the powerband, and that engine would just "stop" for me. (decompression vale opened). Thought it was a bad vavle, but I rode my buddy's quad with the same engine, and same result. I did ride a 07 DRZ and they seemed to have fixed the problem, or I am riding different. I sold the DRZ and got a gasgas trials bike, and sold that for the KLX. The KLX is a pus in some demanding situations, but its awesome for 99% of my riding.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Any thread over 3 pages is gonna get turned to crap, IG or not. Its just the law of averages.
Your so right
Must be the winter doldrums setting in !!
But there IS something about IG that just irratetes the sh*t out of most everyone

Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow, looks like a good time here, can I join in?

Maybe something more interesting. How about this ... my neighbor's heat went out. Cost him $800 to fix it. Bummer.

Oh, here's one ... I just got my suspension back. Aside from the stickers, it looks *exactly* the same as before. Magic stickers, I guess.

I spent the down time doing a valve check/adjust and greasing up all the chassis bearings, and tonight putting it all back together. I have a bike again, woohoo. I just got done and it's 1 am otherwise I'd try it out, but I doubt the neighbors would appreciate that too much. They probably already don't appreciate it since I spent the last 15 minutes revving it in my garage, giving the battery a little juice. Hopefully going to do some riding this weekend, but it's going to be Cold with a capital C.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

shoot NB, cold? nah, tonight in Iowa the temperature is supposed to be -16 fahrenheit. Could be the coldest night in 15 years with the winds hovering around 35 mph sustained pushing wind chills into the -50's or so.
Suspension looks killer, but you know it's just a bunch of stickers right? ;o)

Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Your so right
Must be the winter doldrums setting in !!
But there IS something about IG that just irratetes the sh*t out of most everyone
lol, it's all good.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
Do you still have the '09, IG? Weren't you trying to sell it a couple months ago? How many miles do you have on it?

Any thread over 3 pages is gonna get turned to crap, IG or not. Its just the law of averages.
yeah I still have it. I listed it for sale but I am not pushing it. Basically it's for sale for the price I listed if anyone wants it. It's cheaper than buying a new one and modding it the way I have done.
I am getting the HD fever once again, and all my family has cruiser style bikes and I'm the only one with a dirtbike on our rides. I'd like to sell the KLX, buy like a used KDX200 or 220 and then a 1200 Custom. We'll see how I feel this spring. I got right at 900 miles on the '09 currently. Of course, by finger and KLXer's standards, that's too low. But, when I was a graduate student these past two years (done now thankfully), a father to three daughters and a husband to boot, there isn't much time to ride. I guess you could say I've got a life besides the KLX. I won't trade time to ride with time spent with my girls, a father is just too important to them to push them aside so I can just go waste some time for myself riding. I'd shovel that advice to anyone who has kids. But, again, that's just my opinion.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Not being a smart ***, but why buy two bikes maybe put it on the back burner and when the kids are older get back into it.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

point taken well, and probably one I should consider. I love dirtbikes, but I also love the sound and torque of a Harley when wound out. Unless you've ridden a powerful HD, you just don't know the feeling. And no, let's not start a HD vs. whatever thread. You can insert any V-twin in there, I just prefer the HD.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Forest your so full of **** but it is fun to read how much everybody dislikes you though.

You want to be a good parent so you don't ride your bike, so logically your next step would be to buy two of them. Damn Forest your so smart.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

funny and ironic coming from a guy who evidently is a member of some union who exclaims: BUY AMERICAN.
This from the same guy *ar-ar- BEARDOGE* who peruses a foreign motorcycle manufacturer discussion forum where he discusses his own Japanese motorcycle and calls other members dumb along with other insults that get bleeped out by the censoring software.
Wow "forest", you're right, you're the smart one. roflmfao

Quick Reply: KLX250S and DR-Z400S